Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Had nothing to add to this topic and can't help you guy's at your great work for gothic fan's, but at least i can thank you for your efforts to do it on your spare time, so thank you very much
Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:09 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ok guys, we thank you for your support. Let's just drop this dead and concentrate on the real matter please: finishing the translation mod.

Atm we translated more than half from the addon's dialogs, and all the other texts. Also, i have an alpha test version, which have everything we had translated until monday night, and tested it into the game, and it works perfectly.

So, we staill have to translate around 2000 more dialog lines, there are 3 people working on them now, and I have high hopes we'll finish before enter in the next week.

About the Jowood's E3 lineup, I still saw no official statement, so I am considering it only a rumor atm. I have strong believes that's just a rumor,as the addon's translation was finished last year, but still wasn't released, and I can't see Jowoods waiting for E3 to make for it a big launch, if I'm considering the way they managed this game until now.

Also, if Jowood will say at E3 anything else excepting "we have it, come here, buy and play it!" (like "we'll release it in the next month/months") I'll also smell something fishy in that, as the addon's translation was still finished last year, but they didn't published until now.

I guess we'll see, but I do have very little hope to see it released at E3.

But who knows?!! I do want to believe in wonders, like any of you!!!
Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:26 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by cothyso
About the Jowood's E3 lineup, I still saw no official statement, so I am considering it only a rumor atm.

We don´t publish rumors and call it a press release.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:39 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I know what you mean, but it is VERY strange that a company make a press release, and don't say a word on their own site. And on the site which was link'ed in that news of yours, I couldn't find any info regarding this press realease. And also, there wasn't any real date in that press release, and also not a clear mention of Gothic 2 addon's name.

Too many also's to make me believe, I'm sorry, but regarding this addon, I'll believe it only after I'll see it with my own eyes. I have no trust left in Jowoods and Atari.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 6:48 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I just want to say that I don't care, if JoWood releases english version, beacuse I won't buy it (ofcourse if you guys finish the translation), beacuse I think german voice acting sounds better.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 7:41 pm
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

If the english one comes out i'll buy that as well but i'm fed up of wating so i'll import my copy just as soon as i get a post here saying they got their import fine and from which site. Oh, also THANKS! Good job to sacrafice so much time for the community
Post Tue May 11, 2004 8:31 pm
scarymike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Purchase german version of NOTR

I managed to register at softunity.com in order to purchase NOTR, however, everytime I try to add it to my cart, I get this:

Ihr Warenkorb ist leer.

Wählen Sie bitte zunächst die gewünschten Produkte aus und legen Sie diese in den Warenkorb. Danke.

(babelfish:
Their warenkorb is empty. Select please first the desired products and put you these into the warenkorb. Thanks.)

I assume that warenkorb is "shopping cart." Anyone else having this problem?
i've tried adding other products ot the shopping cart as well, with the same results.

-Mike
Post Tue May 11, 2004 9:57 pm
tweety_04_01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

look, I can't help you with the translation, as i don't know german at all, but what i can do is help you spread it once finished (hope it won't be too long). i can personally host several hundred megabytes and help spread on the emule network. when you finish (or just want to show us something), let me know.
Post Tue May 11, 2004 9:58 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Purchase german version of NOTR

quote:
Originally posted by scarymike
I managed to register at softunity.com in order to purchase NOTR, however, everytime I try to add it to my cart, I get this:

Ihr Warenkorb ist leer.

Wählen Sie bitte zunächst die gewünschten Produkte aus und legen Sie diese in den Warenkorb. Danke.

(babelfish:
Their warenkorb is empty. Select please first the desired products and put you these into the warenkorb. Thanks.)

I assume that warenkorb is "shopping cart." Anyone else having this problem?
i've tried adding other products ot the shopping cart as well, with the same results.

-Mike

ypu probably adding the products somehow wrongly thats probably the only reason why it says like that or u just havent signed up there
Post Wed May 12, 2004 1:21 am
scarymike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Purchase german version of NOTR

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus

ypu probably adding the products somehow wrongly thats probably the only reason why it says like that or u just havent signed up there

I'm at this page: http://www.softunity.com/ (link edited, just search for gothic 2 and find the epansion)

I click on the shopping cart icon located directly next to the price. It looks like this

Then I'm brought to the page that says my shopping cart is empty.

Is that not correct?
-Mike

Last edited by scarymike on Wed May 12, 2004 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 12, 2004 2:39 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Strange. Either that whole thing is broken or they require registration before you can use the card (while every other shop aks for your data later).

But this doesn´t matter because Softunity only ships to the German speaking countries and Holland.
Post Wed May 12, 2004 3:09 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can not buy from OkaySoft.de I posted this information. I tried and gave them money but they returned it when they realized they do NOT ship to USA for whatever thier reason.

I got an e-mail and so did one other here on this board got the message "too bad, oppss we not ship to USA" even though they sell world wide.

Go to PB main link at New Worlds rollen-spiel.de they will ship to USA ( mine is coming in mail 47 EUR total for Gold Edition complete) and they will take PayPal (used by 95% on Ebay real easy to pay with) or else a credit card, or else a bank wire transfer.

They are very nice to talk to, they respond to thier mail inquiry, I highly recommend them to by the German version, or any games from them.
Post Wed May 12, 2004 3:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

or find some friend in germany and let him buy the game first and he will ship it for you
Post Wed May 12, 2004 2:39 pm
Calin_the_dream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi there everyone...I'm new her, coming from the JoWooD forum where I've read about your work on the translation. This is awsome that there are people which are sacrificing their spare time to do some good for us theones which don't speak German at all.
It`s such a shame that one of the best RPG`s ever has to put up such a bad marketing policy starting from the developers and ending with the distributors.
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ones which are working on the translation and I will also contribute in spreading the files as much as I can.
We are all greatful to you, and thank you for your effort.
Post Fri May 14, 2004 8:16 am
paltinis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes......me 2.....
Post Fri May 14, 2004 2:52 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next