RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ultima X
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ahh yeah, like when you had to get Eldricks Armor from that abandoned town, not only entering the town was deadly/scary, but then you had to beat the guy, and exit the town and try to make it back to an Inn. Ahh the good ol' days. But I think my favorite or should I say most sought after foe's were the Metal Slimes. They only gave about 3 or 4 gold but 114 or so exp. But they ran every time I got two hits in, IF I ever hit the thing. Yeah it was a good time...yeah I remember Nintendo Power magizine too. Hahaha, that was fun then...my poor kids stuck in the Infomation age, with high rez polygon shading and such...I think my son might actually be afraid of a Nintendo if he saw it...lol.

Were getting old hollaholla, lets just hope UXO can bring back the fun and excitement we once longed for....
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:34 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Kiff
Ahh yeah, like when you had to get Eldricks Armor from that abandoned town, not only entering the town was deadly/scary, but then you had to beat the guy, and exit the town and try to make it back to an Inn. Ahh the good ol' days. But I think my favorite or should I say most sought after foe's were the Metal Slimes. They only gave about 3 or 4 gold but 114 or so exp. But they ran every time I got two hits in, IF I ever hit the thing. Yeah it was a good time...yeah I remember Nintendo Power magizine too. Hahaha, that was fun then...my poor kids stuck in the Infomation age, with high rez polygon shading and such...I think my son might actually be afraid of a Nintendo if he saw it...lol.

Were getting old hollaholla, lets just hope UXO can bring back the fun and excitement we once longed for....

Yeah....seriously (but not that old!! If we are still having fun playing games.) Your son aside- I think if I looked back at the old Nes right now compared to the Unreal Engine per say of UXO that I would perhaps be a bit afraid as well. And yes, the Metal Slimes were what I was trying to remember when I said Gold and they were huge wimps!!- its been a while, eh? More so 'Getting things' in games at the end of a quest or at the merchant sure has changed as well! Where as you used to just be told you had the sweetest armor- now you can actually see what it looks like on you- man I love that.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:04 pm
greyskull
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

do you all remember that movie, The Wiz I think it was called... about the big nintendo tournament.. gosh, i canot believe i saw that movie.. i think that was when they released mario brothers 3.. (no way that kid would have found all those flutes without playing it before)........ lol, back in the day
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:13 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Mario Bros. Holy crap, that was so far back, i was playing on an Apple IIgs. That was a $5000 computer. Holy crap, and it sucked.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:32 am
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

The Wizard rocked ...a movie all about video games ... btw it came out before mariobros 3 ...

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:10 am
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

The Wiz was the motown Oz movie with Diana Ross as Dorothy and a not so pale Michael Jackson as the scarecrow... but yeah The Wizard was a horrible horrible HORRIBLE movie from the 80s. I think Christian Slater was in it but i'm trying not to remember that well.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:54 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

More fun news about UXO...want to share...supposedly they are working on actually having characters interact with items such as chairs...which they say people might be able to actually sit in.

The level of detail in this game is impressive!
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:52 pm
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hey holla^2,

even more fun stuff. There's a "making of" video over at stratics with some pretty cool new footage of the game and interviews with the designers. some of the new combat clips are pretty amazing with special moves like spinning.

http://uxo.stratics.com/#newsitem1064216744,97776,
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:11 pm
greyskull
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just checked out that making of video.. it looks great, it seems that the designers are really passionate about Ultima, and are trying to put everything they can into UXO.. i am hoping they succede, it looks like it could really bring something different to the mmo genre...
Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:59 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by RedTiger
Hey holla^2,

even more fun stuff. There's a "making of" video over at stratics with some pretty cool new footage of the game and interviews with the designers. some of the new combat clips are pretty amazing with special moves like spinning.

http://uxo.stratics.com/#newsitem1064216744,97776,

Ha ha..holla squared...I like that. Cool!

Thanks for the video. I really like it when devs do that kind of stuff and let you see more than just the game. greyskull...agree that they do look passionate and i think that speaks a lot for the game when the people behind it are really invested in the game play and not just trying to get another game on the shelf. speaks very well for UXO imo.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:12 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hey boys....what do you think of this concept art of the succubus on UXO????

Post Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:44 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Her fingernails turn me on.....
Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:37 pm
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Grrrr! Not a bad battle to find yourself in . Is that the fan submitted monster I've been hearing about?
Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:10 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by RedTiger
Grrrr! Not a bad battle to find yourself in . Is that the fan submitted monster I've been hearing about?

You know what..i don't totally know...I thought that it was actual concept art for the game...but you never know i guess.

have you heard the music for the game yet?

http://uxo.ea.com/download_music.html
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:37 pm
hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

This is a newer video of the game from the UXO event in August..I hadn't seen this particular one and thought that I would share it...

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/uxo/premiere_event.wmv
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next