Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The upcoming Superman Movie

Check out this link.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-07-17-comic-con-main_x.htm

Now I shall rant.

WHAT IDIOT THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY FOR LOIS LANE TO GET KNOCKED UP BY SOMEBODY BESIDE SUPERMAN????????!!!!!!

Superman stands for the ideal. He is the most wholesome hero in fiction. He's got all the power. But he never uses it for the good of himself, but only to help others. So after all the saving the world, and the self-sacrificing...
Superman comes home to find out LOIS LANE IS ENGAGED TO SOMEBODY ELSE, AND SHE ALREADY HAS A CHILD BY HIM.

Why would Superman want her after that? He's only got every other woman in the world chasing him? The right and wholesome thing to do would be to tell Lois to work it out with her fiancee/father of he child. But if he was going to do that why would Lois even be in the movie?

Yes, Ladies(if there still is such a thing) and gentlemen(I know gentlemen are extinct) Superman is going to tear up their home? And eliminate their marriage/family before it even starts. Any 3 year-old knows Superman will eventually end up with Lois Lane. Superman is officially a home-wrecker.

I suppose the child and boyfriend could always get killed in the movie. That doesn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth,...does it?

Both the author who wrote this and the executive who let it pass are IDIOTS.

If this were in a comic it would be the worse mistake in comics since Marvel tried to say that Peter Parker wasn't Spider-Man. Luckily it is not in the comic, so the public will be outraged and then it will be forgotten when they take the movies back to origin.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:42 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Well, it's definitately a side-step to canon. I suppose it's in tone with the modernization of the genre ... he wanders off for a few years. Why wouldn't she have a baby? A lot of women in their late 20s/early 30s do.

That said... no, I don't really like it. I'm not particularly liking what I've been seeing of the movie so far. Bad buzz will torpedo a project like this and bad buzz is what I've been getting (and feeling myself). I don't like the costume update. I think the actor's neck isn't thick enough and his jawline is too weak. The story revealed so far isn't doing anything for me (He KNOWS Krypton was destroyed. Why would he want to go there?).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:59 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Anyone have a bucket? I think I need to throw up.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:08 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Given that these two screenwriters turned in a fine draft of Ender's Game (which will probably never get made) and wrote X-Men 1 and 2, I say reserve judgement until you see the film.

Fans were upset that X-Men was completely changing cannon, which it did, and it turned out to be a fine movie.

You want to see a bad Supes script?

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13350

And here is a good one that will never get made.

http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/supermanlives_kevin_smith.txt
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:21 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

That was bad. That's bad. It's just.....(hangs head)...bad.

That's a different type of mistake from what I was talking about. As a script that is probably more horrible that what is slated for the upcoming movie. I still think Lois Lane getting knocked up by someone other than Superman is a deeper and (key word) uncorrectable change of cannon.

They can always go back and blow up Naboo, I mean Krypton, but you can't un-have a baby. Once Supes decides to persue a woman engaged to her child's father, he is officially tearing-up families. Homewrecking is not illegal (at least not in this country) but we all instinctively know that homewreckers are worse than thieves.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:07 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It does seem a really weird move, but my only interest in this movie lies with Bryan Singer. He has yet to steer me wrong.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:27 am