Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which keys are the quicksave/quickload keys?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Locutus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Which keys are the quicksave/quickload keys?

I feel like I'm the only one posting here. The JemyM FAQ mentions quicksave but doesn't say which key to press for saving and which to press for quickloading. I've tried all the function keys and they don't do anything so I'm guessing it's a 2-key combination. Thanks.
Post Wed May 04, 2005 9:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Most people here played Gothic 3 years ago G2 2 years ago.

I donīt remember how exactly quicksave was handled. It was patched in, maybe you have to enable it in the gothic.ini first.

Also install the FPS patch and increase the detail level with the console. Makes Gothic faster and more beautiful.
Post Wed May 04, 2005 10:55 pm
Locutus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Most people here played Gothic 3 years ago G2 2 years ago.

Well I would assume so since it's an old game. I played Morrowind for a year and a half and I'm still not finished. I was looking for a new RPG to play when I read about Gothic. The review was good so I thought I would try it.

I donīt remember how exactly quicksave was handled. It was patched in, maybe you have to enable it in the gothic.ini first.

quote:
Also install the FPS patch and increase the detail level with the console. Makes Gothic faster and more beautiful.

OK Thanks. I've been looking for the FPS patch, but I can't find it. Where do I get it? I've maxed out the settings using the in-game menus. How do I use the console to set the detail level higher? I checked JemyM's FAQ and neither of these 2 things are mentioned so I'm hoping you have the info. Thanks.[/quote]
Post Fri May 06, 2005 3:49 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Please feed the search function with variations of "fps patch", etc. Youīll find at least one topic in which everything is explained. Itīs not that complicated and has very positive effects.

The infos were unknown when JemyM and half our forum wrote the FAQ.
Post Fri May 06, 2005 8:53 pm