Usergroups
Dungeon Lords: Collector's Edition Interview @ GameBanshee
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I'm sorry I have to vent here. Lets FORGET the fact that its barely a finished product after the 1.4 patch and discuss what is IS now.

My last save game under 1.3 left me standing unmolested in Fargrove the walled town. I install 1.4 and I'm *immediately* sorrounded by 8 giant rats, my Camera is all messed up, my mouse settings are inverted and set to low sensitivity. I scream "f*ck" and fix the stupid controls and kill the rats. I walk around a corner and get ambushed by two thieves and 4 more rats. WTF???

What kind of MORON would release a patch that ANNOYS players of the game with the #1 criticism: STUPID RESPAWNS!!!! Useless, pointless. Known game design mistake 101 and its not like people arent yelling on the forums EVERY DAY about the stupid respawns.

I have an idea. Lets get a bunch of disgruntled DL players and randomly appear at their studio parking lot and run cicles around them when they try to get in their cars. They will make us leave, but then we can randomly keep showing up and doing it again and again and again...

Get the point Bradley? Your game SUX A$$ and I want my $39 bucks back!!! And don't even THINK of blaming the publisher for your INCOMPETENT design decisions. Or did DREAMWORKS say "Hey man, what we need here is MORE RATS! Keep em coming! We want a RAT FACTORY!"

I don't think so. Your game under 1.4 just plain sux balz and we can SAFELY infer that your collectors edition sux just as bad.

THATS ALL FOLKS!
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:58 pm
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

I agree with you Todd, but really, did you read what you typed before you hit Post? All of this anger, hatred, and juvenile whining isn't what you want to exhibit if you want to be taken seriously. Not a flame, I just can't stand to see this kind of stuff, even if I do essentially agree with you.

I DL'ed the CE, and I'm not really impressed. Arindale is decorated (With a ton of furniture and places to rest) and the fence surrounding the elven encampment is a nice touch (As is the demon-slaying quest given inside of it) but the spawns are still outrageous and the gameplay is still rather bland. 8 Rats...7 Wolves...10 Wolves...I even got hit by a party of SIX GIANT OGRES. I only beat them by backflipping up into the polygons that made up Fargrove's wall and using my bow. Took about 40 minutes.

Bradley is to gaming what Uwe Boll is to movies.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:03 am
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by ToddMcF2002
Get the point Bradley? Your game SUX A$$ and I want my $39 bucks back!!! And don't even THINK of blaming the publisher for your INCOMPETENT design decisions. Or did DREAMWORKS say "Hey man, what we need here is MORE RATS! Keep em coming! We want a RAT FACTORY!"

I like the image of the Dot as a portal town in the Outlands. Too many posts like this and we'll split off and join NMA and the Codex in the Infinite Layers of the Abyss.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:59 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Sorry I needed to vent. I'll keep it civil.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:36 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Shimbatha, we do not condone the downloading of games; it's piracy!! Please do not advertise your crimes on these boards no matter how deserved you feel such downloads to be!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:37 am
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Between the multiple exclamation marks and that avatar, I can't help but read your posts in the voice of a mad biblical prophet. Woe to ye, sinner!! Repent of your crimes in the name of the Lord!!!!
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:09 am
corwin

You got it in one!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:26 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

quote:
Originally posted by Shimbatha
Bradley is to gaming what Uwe Boll is to movies.

Flawed analogy. Uwe has only ever released shit, while bradley has had his hand in some of the finest rpg's ever released.
Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:15 am

Good lord, but you are one hell of a determined apologist, bjon.
And in the face of overwhelming naffness too. Unbelievable.
Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2