View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Akara
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alchimist needed...

Hi all...
Who can teach me how to brew a dexterity potion with permanent effect?
Constantino learns strengh and life potions, and Sagitta mana potion (with permanent effects. Others, I dont't care... )
As I'm not a mage, I can't learn from the guy in the monastery.
So I wonder... Will I find a teacher?
Thanks for all your answers!

Last edited by Akara on Wed May 21, 2003 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 21, 2003 7:22 pm
Hosh-Pak
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi
Sagitta can teach also dexterity potion with permanent effect.

Edit:
Sagitta teaches dexterity potion first if you have learned all 3 levels of mana or heal potion.
Post Wed May 21, 2003 8:13 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here's the list of teachers who're capable of teaching the arts of alchemy. I'm sorry that part of the list is in German and the other half is poorly translated by me (who don't know a single word in German ). I've stolen it from the spoiler forum in WorldOfGothic.de.

The City of Khorinis

Lower city
Constantino - all healing potions, Mana Essence, Mana Extract, Elixier of Strength, Elixier of Life [Requirements: Apprentice Quest or basic experience in the alchemy arts]

The docks
Ignaz - Healing Essence, Mana Essence, Potion of Speed) [Requirement: Quest about Forget spell]

Other Places

Monastary
Neoras - all healing and mana potions, Elixier of Life, Elixier of Spirit/Magic [Requirement: Mage only]

Khorinis Countryside
Sagitta - all mana potions, Healing Essence and Extract, Elixier of Skill/Dexterity, Elixier of Spirit/Magic) [Requirement: Sun Aloe Quest]

Halls of Irdorath (Chp 6)
Vatras - all potions [Requirement: choose him as part of the ship crew]

Source: http://forum.gamesweb.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&action=showpost&postid=2398010#post2398010

As you can see, ONLY Sagitta can teach you how to make an Elixier of Skill. So, don't feel sad if you're not a mage. Also, as Hosh-Pak says, you need to be proficient in making "basic-level" potions such as healing/mana potions before you can learn how to make the elixiers.

Many people seem to have problems finding Ignaz. If you can't find him, this picture (taken by Kermit from WorldOfGothic.de forums) will guide you. Again, it's in German, but a picture worths a thousand words, right?

Wo ist Ignaz?
http://home.arcor.de/kermit.d/comics/ignaz.jpg

If you can speak German, go to the forums @ WorldOfGothic.de and the official forum at JoWooD.de. You'll DEFINITELY get great answers from these forums, even if you don't know a single word in German.
Post Thu May 22, 2003 12:59 am
Akara
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

Thank you both for your answers.
That's right, Sagitta teaches this very potion.
Still, I wonder, the name is quite different, but at the alchimist table, it works, so I'm more than happy! (35 dest. points for 5 learn. points!!! )
And I found Ignaz long ago, since I like to go everywhere, just in order to now, you see...
Bye all
Post Thu May 22, 2003 11:01 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Akara
Still, I wonder, the name is quite different, but at the alchimist table, it works, so I'm more than happy!

That's because I translated all the names from German to English with the help of computer-based translators, and I don't even know a single word in German.
Post Mon May 26, 2003 4:07 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Lower city
Constantino - all healing potions, Mana Essence, Mana Extract, Elixier of Strength, Elixier of Life [Requirements: Apprentice Quest or basic experience in the alchemy arts]

The docks
Ignaz - Healing Essence, Mana Essence, Potion of Speed) [Requirement: Quest about Forget spell]

I can't get these guys to teach me anything. I completed the Apprentice Quest for Constantino & I can not seem to get the froget scroll to work. All they want to do is trade...

Sylvio
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:39 pm
Akara
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Forget scroll

To fill Ignaz quest, you must beat him, and afterward use the scroll on him. Then, you can learn some alchimy.
If you want that Constantino teaches you something, you must be his apprentice, or learn the basic potions by Ignaz or Sagita (for this one, you also must fill the quest)
Post Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:20 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well…I beat Ignaz unconscious last night and when he got up I hit him with the forget spell but he still only want to deal with me. I most have broke that quest somehow, I’ll try the witch.

Sylvio
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I think you have to use the forget spell on a victim of your choice, except Ignaz of course. Beat up somebody who is alone and use the scroll. Then return to Ignaz.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:35 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I tried that with the hammer guy but it still didn’t work…I guess I’ll have to wait for my English copy to come and then start all over.

Sylvio
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:09 pm
Akara
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As I used it on Ignaz, I guess it works...
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:04 pm
Kuba
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also solved this quest on Ignaz. But don't start fight with him - i tried it, doesn't work. Steal something from his laboratory. That should provoke him. Of course later don't forget to use spell on him ;)
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:20 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I must not be doing someting right...maybe it has something to do with the casting of the spell.

Sylvio
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:58 pm
Akara
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Make sure you have enough mana, then chose Ignaz (or someone else) as target (you must have his life line up the screen), then use the action key. Should be OK...
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:47 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well I completed Sagitta's quest and got the points to get her to teach me and now Constantino will teach me also. Still can't get any cooperation form that hack down in shanty town so I think I will just kill him and take over his pad. Too bad you can’t decorate your place like in Morrowind.

Sylvio
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:05 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next