FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Arx Fatalis (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Nimai

The demo is probably great but it doesn't even start when I install it.. Efter the installation process i klick the icon and nothing happens... except that arx.exe shows up in the taskmanager.. i have no idea whats wrong. Anyone else have the same problem?
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:15 pm

Rendelius

If you downloaded the demo from the official site: they had a corrupt file in the beginning. That might be the problem. If it isn't, your system specs would be helpful. But please take this to the forum...
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:27 pm

hoyp

i played the demo and i think that its one of the best games ever.... <br> <br>cant wait to buy it
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:52 am

Koneko

I'm loving this game intensely so far, but be warned. It is the buggiest thing since.... bugs, I guess. I'm stuck waiting for a new patch now so I can progress. My advice? Get it, but wait a bit before you do- you'll love it so much you'll appreciate not having to wait to continue (I want my Bejewled Sword of Pain back!!).
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:53 am

John Niro

Great game ,can't stop playing it.Only pain is the slooow load times.Playing v.1.13 and no bugs yet.Would like to get newest patch!Can't seem to be able to download it,have tried numerous times??
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:48 am

tony cope

it would be better if you could see how much damage you have done to you enemies whilst in battle as in some games in the past
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:58 am

Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Arx Fatalis

This one has slipped by unnoticed. It is a shame because it is one of the best games I've seen. Great graphics and sound, and the story line and side quests are very engrossing. The spell casting system is unique. The only down side is that the game doesn't hae a lot of ingame clues to help you get through it. But there is a wonderful PDF file that helps you play but still leaves a lot of stuff for you to figure out on your own. With the last patch installed it runs well. If you played Gothic, then this is right up there for you.
PS. When you use the RPGDot link to Amazon, it says they don't have it anymore, but if you do a general search, you will then get to a site where you can order the game. Don't want anyone to miss out on this one.
Mark Twain

Last edited by Cm on Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:56 am
Wastelander
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wonderful

This is a good game, I can't say it any other way. I really enjoy the concept of it as I was going along thinking to myself "These people have never even seen the sun". And the combat is great, there is nothing more satisfying then decapitating something using a bone you found on the floor. [/i]
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:30 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Arx Fatalis is the reason I joined RPGdot 18 months ago. I needed help with some of the obscure puzzles and this site had the perfect FAQ.

The item-creation system & spell-casting is very unique. The game reminds me of Ultima Underworld.

Hopefully, we the sequel sometime in 2006!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:38 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well it would appear that Arx Falatis II is being delayed so they can do another Might and Magic spin-off game.

However, what I want to see even more is Ultima Underworld 3 with Source, and that is not going to happen sadly.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:25 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

It would be nice if someone could get an interview from Julien Roby and get a few facts on the status of Arx 2. ( Hint, hint to our new reporter)

Even if the game is now being delayed it would still be nice to know what is happening.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:51 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I contacted a PR rep for Ubisoft and they said they are not really ready to take Arx Fatalis or Dark Messiah yet, but they will let us know when they are.

I tried.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:42 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Garrett has a very good relationship with Arkane and will tell us anything he can, when he can.

Gorath is literally on the way to Leipzig to look at Dark Messiah now (and Gothic 3 etc) at GC, so we should have something on that as soon as he gets back and can bash out some words on the keyboard.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:53 am