Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Exploit: How to get unlimited str, dex, mana, hp, etc
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Would you be interested in learning this technique?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Not sure, until I know how it works.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Thread
Real Life Magician
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Exploit: How to get unlimited str, dex, mana, hp, etc

I found out how to get an unlimited amount of strength, dexterity, mana, and health. This is a major exploitation, so if you aren't interested in cheating, just don't do it. Right now I am level 33 and have 376 strength, 192 dexterity, and tons of health and mana! I just discovered this by mistake. Since the description is too long to post right now, and I'm not sure if anyone wants to know how, you'll have to email me for details. mrg1981@aol.com. If enough people request, I will try to describe the process here. Thanks for understanding.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:26 pm
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

...so if you aren't interested in cheating...

If someone is interested in cheating he/she might change the hero's attributes in the console. It's for sure faster.

- nico
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:43 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Do you mean you found a way to do all that WITHOUT using marvin? If so, I'd like to find out, yeah! Otherwise, I already know Marvin quite well, thanks!
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I would also like to know how it works. But I would advise you search our forums for some keywords before you invest a lot of time writing down the details. We´ve seen many exploits in the last year.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Real Life Magician
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here are the details:

Thanks for the interest. I like the exploit, because although i don't like to "cheat" i still like a little help from the glitches now and then. Like the strafe while falling exploit. Anyway, here's how it works.

Hold on to any permanent effect potions such as +8 strength or +5 maximum health. I now keep all that I can find.
This may work at any location, but I've found the easiest is inside lares hut in the new camp. Drop your ore in your own hut and to go Lares. Take your potions there and SAVE. Now, this works at any point in the game but is easiest if you have good armor so you don't get killed. Once you are ready, steal something from Lares' hut. I prefer to steal the potions since one is a +5 hp. When the arrows and maces start flying, stand still and use your potion. After the effect, the potion will respawn in your inventory. This allows you to use the potion over and over again. I started out just upping my dexterity enough to use a crossbow of war, but feel free to make super hero's as well. Having 500 strength can be a load of fun (run around the old camp killing everyone in one swing!). Now just walk out of his hut and everyone will forget why they want to kill you.

Here are a few things to be aware of:
You may freeze if you're not careful and have to reload. I recommend saving every 30 stat points or so (make sure you still have the potion).
To avoid freezing, watch your left hand carefully. If it does not come all the way back to your side after using the potion, you are starting to freeze. Hide your inventory, and strafe to either side a couple times.
You may lose your potion (reload).
If you are getting killed, just up your weapon and arrow resistance. I can sit in the hut while I watch a movie and come back with nearly full health.

Anyway, I hope you have fun with it. I did! Good luck!
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:49 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

PS- It works if animals are attacking you too!! Molerats seem to work particularly well, since they attack so ferociously. Just try and time it so you take the potion at the same time it bites you! And, you have a better chance of surviving a prolonged Molerat attack than a pronged onslought of arrows!
Post Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:18 am
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Thats kool I need to reinstall gothic again.
Post Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:11 am
Real Life Magician
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good point

That's a good point. I hadn't actually tried it with anyone other than New Campers, but I figured it would work with anyone attacking you. The idea is that if you get attacked while using a potion, the potion respawns in your inventory. Good point.
Post Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:55 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Nice tip. Haven't tried it yet. Will do once I finish with Age of Mythology.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:47 pm