Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Been a while since I played Arx. Refresh my memory.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Been a while since I played Arx. Refresh my memory.

I played and finished Arx Fatalis way back when it first came out and now I'm thinking of playing it again soon if I have time. IIRC ranged attacks were pretty weak, melee attacks were kind of standard, and magic was VERY powerful. I remember doing every side quest in the game and only reaching level 8 or 9. I played the game as a warrior-mage type character using mostly magic.

Is it possible to finish the game as a thief type character specializing in ranged attacks? Also, I remember there being a lot of doors I could never open in the town because the lock level was too high on them. Is it possible to get your skill up high enough to break into any building without sacrificing too many points in other areas? I remember being frustrated because there never seemed to be enough points to go around when I leveled up. The low level cap in this game only makes matters worse.

Any fresh news concerning a sequel?
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:11 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

If I like a game's story I will play it again and again.
So when I am playing for Fun, not a challenge I beef up my charater, so if I want to play Stealthy, Caster or Fighter at any moment during a game I can.
However if your strickly a challenge person, all the time every game this proabaly is not for you

Just beef up all your Skills/Atributes equally, hey it is not like the monster is gonna get mad cause you backstabed him, instead of Fireballed him

Your skills like Locking Picking go over 200, so just give yourself what you need, probably 100 or so to get in all the possible doors.
Try giving yourself 50 in every skill and 10 to 12 in each Attribute to start
I mean the point is you want to see whats in the doors right go everywhere, do it as Fun.
You dont have to use Godmode or anything, you still have to be carefull fighting.

Anyway no offical word, but rumor is that if their current Might and Magic game is succesful they will have the ablity to do Arx 2
Budget, time and recognition
Post Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 am
migwell
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm on my second time through and was playing as a thief/archer with some casting as well... I can pick pockets and steal keys which seems easier than slowly building up lock-picking skills, which often don't work anyway.

Recently pulled the Grey Man stunt which will immediately put you on level 10 with lots (for this game) of points to distribute. I don't know if you would see this as a cheat. It is in the game and unexplained, like so many other things in the game.

You can take down the Ylsides with Fireball with minimal casting/magic skill, but those damnable Liches are tough no matter what. I am doing fine with low strength and constitution at 8 as well and no weapon skills, just a little in archery and simple thief armor.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:38 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I played the game through 9 times before retiring it. Trying lots of stat combos and different ones of the secret "cheats". A thief/archer can win with some magic skills.

I will share a hint on liches, jump up on stuff. And have a ranged weapon ready. Not as easy as it sounds in some areas.

As for Arx2 there are a few threads with info you will find here but not what you will want to hear.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:45 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Lol, I have heard of women jumping on chairs when mice are around but this is a first for Liches

I always had 3 Firsballs ready for these guys, wont that work ?
Even if they were possible still alive after that even with low sword skills they wont take much to go down, after 3 FireBalls.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:11 am