FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Important primary skills for bard
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread

Hiya, folks! =)

Now I've only had the W8 demo to play with, mind you - (my full copy will *finally* arrive this morning from EB World via FedEx! Yaaaayy!!! - but I've found I can drop a music CD (I'm currently hooked on my "Cowboy Bebop", O.S.T. 1)in one of my drives, fire up the Windows CD Player, then jump into the demo and jam to real-world tunes while cruising the monastery with my pre-made party!

Somehow, stomping those sneaky slithering slimes is just that much more satisfying with "Tank!" (Track 1) cranking out of my Klipsch Pro Media speakers. =)

Provided you have a second CD or DVD drive to use, I'm sure this would work while playing the full game too - provided you load all 3 CDs onto your harddrive. (I'm not sure how W8 would react if you were playing music at the same time it was trying to access/swap program discs.)

*Technical Notes: I'm using Windows 98SE, and have found I can either hit alt-tab to jump back & forth to the desktop, or use the buttons on my MS Natural Keyboard Pro to access/control the CD Player.

Just thought all you music fans out there might wanna know. =)
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:56 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, I did same thing...

I played *.mp3 files in WinAmp during game.
(sometime)

Wizrardry is great also with its perferct "alt+tab" ability - no problems with this.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:04 pm

Yep. No doubt about it. Gotta love those MP3s... =)

Ha-Haaaaaaa! SUCCESS! Although you must have W8's Disc 3 in your main CD drive in order to start the game, once you're *in*, you can swap it out for the music CD of your choice and game on! Too cool for school...

Now, if you'll excuse me, my three Dracons (and friends) are chompin' at the bit to get started. =)

Sing it with me, boys!

"We will, We will, ROCK you!..."
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:28 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:55 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2