Need help with MM3-5
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
dschrier
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need help with MM3-5

Has anyone here played MM3-5? I need some help. I finally got them up and working on my computer under win2k but I have a question. How do you get around traps? No matter what I seem to just have to run through a trap, and since my sorc has so little hit points he always dies and so he can never level up. Am I missing something here?
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:25 pm
bearcub
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Those traps in the dwarf mine get you every time. Actually their is a fountain in three that will raise youre hit points ten fold making the dwarf mine easy. At least I think it was three, or five with the mines, its been so long ago. The drawf mine was the only spot I remember traps that one could not avoid and since it was early would kill you every time.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:14 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Here is a nice website dedicated to older Might and Magic games only. Look for the forum; it seems pretty active and my guess is you could get an answer there. I recall there being a 'Levitate' spell/potion that allowed you to float over traps, but I could be mistaken, it's been a while since I played those. But like I said, the forum at this website seems active, I bet you could get a definitive answer here.

http://www.clockwork-tangerine.com/rapier/
Post Wed May 01, 2002 7:01 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The only way to avoid traps in those games was to levitate, and that would not let you avoid all traps.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:02 pm
HolyWarrior

right kind of trap?

I thought he was talking about those guillotine traps that come down from the ceiling. Levitate doesn't help there. Jump or teleport is the only other way, and even then prepare to take lots of damage.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:25 am