Polish & German
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
paladino99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Polish & German

I have played Gothic 2 for a long time ago. And when I`m in germany i bought the Notr add-on. Because the game still need the old cd from gothic 2, i downloaded the gothic 2 file from a torrent site. But that game is in polish and when I`m tried to install the Notr it won`t work. The installer said it needs the retail version of gothic 2..

Is there somebody can help me? Or maybe I should simply buy the gothic 2 again?
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:20 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

G2 costs only 10 EUR in Germany, so it´s probably the a good idea to buy it. Or can you understand Polish?
Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 pm
paladino99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It sounds a nice solution..but before I completely remove this 1.96 gb polish version gothic 2 files from my harddisk, is there really no other way to make it works?

Also, when I tried to install the german version notr the installer said "In Zielfpad wurde eine Modifizierte Gothic 2 version gefunden. Wählen Sie einen Ordner, in dem die Gothic II Retail-version installiert ist"
Why this happen, because I have polish version or it isn`t a retail version of GII?

...i`ve tried to copy the exe file 130 deut/pol from reliable source of gothic 2 but when I run the installer it won`t works either...

...i`ve read from other thread..mentioned about manually copy the add-on file to the old gothic 2 folder with another software,
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86309&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=notr+install&start=75
perhaps that works?...has anybody try it?

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:47 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You don´t have an original. Do you really expect to get help here?
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:39 pm
paladino99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yupp..what`s a shame I don`t have the original cd. I`ve bought gothic 2 original cd a long time ago but now the cd stuck at my home while now I`m in German.
Anyway after spend 2 today reading every thread in this forum related with installing notr problem and try everything I tought is possible finally I able to combine those game..

The game run smoothly, hope there is no problem in future...also thanks for u and this forum..c u in Gothic 3 and surely I`ll buy the original cd

Keep on fighting!!!
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:43 pm