Patch?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Patch?

Has an english version patch been released?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:39 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nope, and as far as I know, it's not coming either. This is version 1.31, so they probably did the same with G2 as G1 - included the patch in the English version(the German was released already Q4 2002), so the bugs you encouter now, will stay forever..
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:08 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Iīm more optimistic. Itīs quite possible a patch will be released. It seems many new bugs have been introduced with the English version. Translation problems obviously didnīt happen and all the inventory stuff and many of the crashes are new.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:14 pm
Carpathian Bob
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know of a few things that aren't life threatening but could possibly do with being fixed.

The first invovles one of the people smoking in the harbour area. I started a conversation just as he was exhaling, and for some reason for the whole conversation he was constantly blowing out smoke.
The second involves a journal entry still being in German.
The third invovles having torches in hand when saving. I was holding a torch when I saved just before going into combat. I went in and died, so I reloaded. The problem being was the torch was no longer in my hands but lying a few feet in front of me in the spot that I died in.

As I said not life threatening and don't impact on the enjoyment of the game one bit, just funny little glitches.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:24 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

If theres enough bugs to fix then they WILL release a english patch... but as it stands, ive not seen near enough for them to care, or for me to care for that matter...
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:59 pm
olaf73
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The german text is enough to release patch. There also seem to be some quest bugs, and perhaps some missing sound files.

According to the Jowood forums, they are working on an English patch, but there is no ETA and no fix list at this point.

olaf
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:16 pm
damifino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Also apparently many of the ambient sounds (such as the character's footsteps) are played at a very low volume so they can't be heard.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:32 am
olaf73
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah I cant hear footsteps most of the time, and there seems to be a lot of 'dead spots' in the game where there are no ambient sounds, or perhaps they are being played at a really low volume.

olaf
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:34 pm
damifino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by damifino
Also apparently many of the ambient sounds (such as the character's footsteps) are played at a very low volume so they can't be heard.

There are a several threads on the Jowood boards about it. It appears if most of the sounds, outside of combat) that your character makes are muffled (other NPC's are fine).

It might be bug with the newer version of the Miles Sound System (demo runs a much older version 6.1c I think...see http://www.radgametools.com/msshist.htm for version history details), but I'm more inline to think it's a constant or variable in the source code that was adjusted prior to to compile time since all music providers (eax, DS, miles) are affected equally and the sounds that are muffled seem to belong to a single "catagory" of sounds rather than ambient sounds in general.

The bad part about this type of bug is that it's easy to adjust, but probabily requires a patch to fix. Unless there's an override in gothic.ini

It doesn't appear to be a reverb issue either (I guess in this case the sound level is adjusted by the distance from the PC to the camera) since there are no apparent difference in sound levels between 3rd person (camera medium out) and first person mode.

-Damifino
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:44 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok so now what we have to look forward to in the patch is journal entries not being in german and the ambient sounds getting fixed, yeah id say that should be enough to get pb to release a patch hopefully soon
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:36 pm