Darkfall Online is popular...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Darkfall Online is popular...

Darkfall Online is gonna freaking rock !!! Everybody i know (MMOers) that has an IQ > 110 is going to be buying Darkfall. Seriously, if they can pull it off well, they are gonna have a MAJOR hit. I am talking Everquest-type major hit. We'll see...

I cant freakin wait for Darkfall !!!
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:49 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Calm down Ammon!

Don't make me say "I told you so" after the game comes out now
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:50 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

okey
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:40 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Hehe aye, calm it a bit please. Nothing worse than fights like "no way, this game will be better", "no it will suck" on forums, months before a game gets released.

In any case, ever since the interview I did with those guys (actually I was in love already while gathering information to prepare the interview questions), I've been looking out for this one. It's on number one with me as well... but I've learned not to have too high hopes for any given MMORPG until I played it.

Want me to try get some more Darkfall goodness on MMORPGDot?
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:24 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Hyrrix
calm down

Well i am just stating that i look forward to it, thats all. But okey, ive calmed down a lot since last night, hehe. but thanks for your concern, lol

quote:
Originally posted by Hyrrix
Want me to try get some more Darkfall goodness on MMORPGDot?

Yeah, please try! I know its hard to get ahold of them, there are so few interviews and stuff on Darkfall compared to other games. They did promise for a major site update though, but i dunno how soon. However there have been a few in-progress screenshots which actually look quite good. If you can, try to get info, which seems lacking of late (they are busy bees). I would like to know approximately how long it would take to run (or sail, or ride) from one edge of the map to the other. They say it might be the biggest world ever -- but i just wanna know how big!
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:39 pm
Myrd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Get some more darkfall goodness that's always good

I have met dev teams that are harder to reach as the people over at Aventurine/Razorwax.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:45 am
Munka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, Darkfall looks like it should be a great MMOG. As did Neocron, Dark Ages Of Camelot, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, etc... Even today I don't get why EverQuest is so popular, but what ever. I have felt the sting of hype, and I am no longer getting excited about new MMOG's coming to a PC near you. I'm expecting the worst. The last MMOG I really enjoyed and looked forward to playing when ever possible was Planetside.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:05 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Its in my nature to be extremely excitable. I dont really care about hype.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:37 am
Myrd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Then check this out ammon

Status update:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=6426&s=225b383e69fdbe0210905af4e8723740

IRC quotes captured from some Dev's after the status update:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=6428&s=225b383e69fdbe0210905af4e8723740
Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:00 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Thx for the links Myrd!
Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:14 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Outstanding!! The ingame web-broser is a nice idea. I like the backpack inventory to be they way they have it...the way UO has theirs. Not as organized as the slot version but gives it a much better "I have control" feel. The screen shots are looking great and this game hasn't reached beta yet. I love the idea of the paper doll moving as you move, and I also love all the options for equipment to go. You get to wear underwear under your armor giving you even more oportunities to have cool stuff. Plus 6 rings, and ear ring, necklace, belt....I'm loving it...
Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:05 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

EVE Online has an in-game web browser, and I must say for that game you will probably spend more time using that than playing the game. I consider it a bad sign that developers feel that one might be used. Wouldn't that mean people aren't enjoying the game if they are browsing the web instead of actually playing? Perhaps more time should be spent taking out down times and pauses in the game.

-vaticide
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:14 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Nah. I think having an in-game browser is an awesome addition. Note that as far as i can tell, it will be limited to their website features only. Such as they mentioned its for using message boards on their site, among other things. Its really cool. I am hoping it allows for outside their website too, that would rock. I wouldnt have to leave the game to look at the recent RPGDot news!
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:09 am
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

In game web-brouser is nice. I would really injoy it if it were in DAoC. I am Alt-Tabing quite a bit in that game, to go research quest, find Realm ranks, find locations, find maps. I use the web alot in that game as I'm sure I will in DF. And having to minimize my game takes away alot of the immersion fun, but even when it's an ingame web brouser that will still ruin some of it for me but not quite as much.
Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:53 pm
vapor4you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Darkfall is amateur vaporware

and the engine looks like **** too
Post Sun May 30, 2004 12:25 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next