Usergroups
Psychology analysis on the "diggers"
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
heat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hello again ppl, I'm tired of blood and all of that stuffs, let get into the cool point of this game!

My question is ...Why do u think all ppl in the game (NPC) especially the DIGGERS always act aggressive on us?

My idea:
1) They got kicked out to this jail
2) They all suffered from beaten up by the strongers (Gomez, Thorus)
3) They have to work for others, (they get a little piece of money!!! *U will c when u knocked them down*)
4) They were annoyed by the strangers like US (the players and the prayer of da game!)

result from that habit:
1) They hate us when we hold our weapon
2) They scare us when we step a foot in their house
3) They got beaten up easily (work 2 hard, boy...)

What do u think?

Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:25 am
heat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[Characteristic of DIGGERS]
1) super aware
2) weak
3) poor
4) Sick
5) annoying (especially the guy that want to follow us)
6) Poor diet habit (they eat that poor crocroaches)
7) Piggy
Arrogant
9) Selfish
10) Loveless

and more....
Can u compare this to some ppl in our world?

Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:27 am
heat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Come on guyz, write down somnething.....
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:52 am

What's the matter? Won't anybody play with you
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:06 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

hehe its kinda like on nature shows, how the herds will tend to stray off from the one in the flock thats just 'not right' in someway... either cause hes hurt, deformed, or like in heat's case, foaming at the mouth

(Kidding heat)
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:01 pm
Kwitzak
Village Leader
Village Leader

I just love that guy..hehe..Blood and gore and love..haha
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:05 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Why did people have to respond to him? I wanted to see how long he could have gone on typing to himself.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:12 pm
Bossman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's simply due to the Darwinian nature of hostile environments. Those too weak to hold their own are always prayed upon my the stronger. In exchange for protection against the creatures and bandits, they must work for those in charge. It's simple medieval politics, Gomez and his "guards" could be compared to a monarch and the nobles. The peasants, the diggers, owe everything to those who protect them and are thus taken advantage of.

Yeah!

Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:14 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

On 2002-02-07 02:27, heat wrote:
[Characteristic of DIGGERS]
1) super aware
2) weak
3) poor
4) Sick
5) annoying (especially the guy that want to follow us)
6) Poor diet habit (they eat that poor crocroaches)
7) Piggy
Arrogant
9) Selfish
10) Loveless

and more....
Can u compare this to some ppl in our world?

They eat crocroaches? How dare they eat crocroaches... er cockroaches. How evil of them!
Is his first post (on this thread) Heat refered to himself as US; maybe I should start refering to myself in the third person. Suicidal Cockroach thinks that's a good idea. Suicidal Cockroach thinks those diggers deserve to be unhappy; how dare they eat crocroaches!
Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:35 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Let's get this straight Heat.

1. Almost every digger and scrapper in the game is friendly.
2. No digger or scraper ever attacked me unprovoked.
3. I'll go one step further. Not a single NPC attacked me on site.

Unless,
1. I entered their hut uninvited.
2. I answered negatively to their question,
thereby provoking and creating a confrontational behavior.
3. I drew a weapon in their presence.
4. Some one stole Mud's Pink Teddy.
5. Those bastards from the old camp will shiver in their boots when they see you with me. They normally finish me off quickly, but now that you are with me, you and I will kick their asses. Doesn't it appear we are going in circles? Do you have anything to eat I'm hungry. Will you be my friend? Do you like animals too? They are not into that one bit, I guess thats why they threw me in here. Do you have a place to stay? If not you can come back to my hut. We can sit and talk.

BUT IF YOU TOUCH MY PINK TEDDY I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!
Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:20 pm

Ooops, got carried away. I love Mud so much that sometimes I act just like him. I think I am posessed by him.
No mother, I didn't kill them. I think you did. AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Post Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:22 pm

damm, forgot to put my name in.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:36 am

Forgot twice.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:55 am

duh derr uh heh heh them diggers suuuuuuuuure are fun to kill! heheheheheheheheh

seriously if you ever find a hostile npc, bullit for example, its only because they had a fairly hard life. perhaps his 'baptism' was far harsher than..."ours". he feels the need to reestablish his pride to feel good about himself, and hence takes it out on "us". now haratio brings up a good point; if we use our strength to overthrow the bullies, how long will it be untill we become the bullies? that, sort of, is the whole idea behind the game. i'm gonna be going on for a while, so if u don't care, stop reading now. so the Orcs were raiding king whatever's kingdom right? orcs have harsh lives. being expected to be so evil, pushed around by those who are stronger than them. the king felt he needed to protect his precious ore, and hence got some mages to protect it with the Barrier. (greed is another important point). the gaurds were stuck in the barrier, bossed around by mages. the gaurds disliked being bossed around, and bossed around the slaves. Gomez overthrew the gaurds because he was tired of being bossed around. this cycle goes on and on and on and on, through the division of camps and levels of gaurd, right down to "us"." we" are bullied by lots of people. and hence beat up lots of npcs. how long will the chain go on???
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:18 am

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Just like Nietzsche said, he who fights monsters should be careful not to become a monster himself .

I'm always trying to be nice to people in Gothic. Even to those who're not that friendly toward me. In some cases, like Bullit's, it's wasted effort, but then there are others who talk tough and act just sweet... like Stone (who called me an a**hole but actually was nice after I rescued him) or Skip (who told me to piss off after I had illegally entered OC, but then helped me fight the guards). Those are the cases where it finally pays to have been nice .

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:32 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next