Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The end of the game questions...and thoughts.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The end of the game questions...and thoughts.

DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT BEAT THE GAME..WELL YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING.

Ok now when you are talking to the undead dragon and he is saying how we are both the same. And then he sais dont you see the connection we have, and then we say no it can't be Xardas always said..well what is the connection between the nameless hero and foe? Are they brothers or something?
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:53 pm
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hmm I dunno, I think you'll know it in Gothic 3
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:41 pm
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Prolly
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:03 pm
ekwhite
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think it may have something to do with the cut scene at the ending, where you find out that Xardas has taken on the power of the dragon...
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:31 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I think it has something to do with the hero being the chosen of Innos and the dragon being the chosen of Beliar. Did you ever listen to the who;e story Vatras tells in the Temple Court? It sounds the battle between Beliar and Innos has been raging for time immemorial and every now and then each God chooses and the 2 battle. But then what do I know? I'm not the game developer.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:39 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think that he's implying that you are for Innos what he is for Beliar. Remember how Xardas quoted Vatras' story? "And the human slew the beast..." You are an avatar of Innos. First, the Sleeper was an avatar of Beliar. Then the undead dragon was an avatar of Beliar. And now, Xardas is an avatar of Beliar. Xardas knew all this and actually helped you and guided you all along so that you may defeat the first two avatars, so that he may end up being next in line for the promotion.

I think the trick is that, since you're not really up on the lore of all this (as a character), Adanos helps you out from time to time, so that you may be victorious and keep the balance in place.

After all, you are the 'chosen' one. Remember what Xardas said about the eye of Innos? Only the chosen one may wear it, all others will perish.
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:46 pm
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yes yes our guy is the chosen one and the dragon is the chosen one. I think he was saying that they were like brothers. [ not in a related way ] We will find out more in gothic 3.

Also you guys do know that Xardas used us in Gothic 1 and Gothic 2. He wanted you in Gothic 1 to kill the sleeper becase, he was Beliars avatar and Xardas wanted to be the avartar. Even Xardas said this ''What was denyed to me in the sleepers temple has finally come'' When you killed Beliars avartar Xardas tryed to become the next one but Beliar did not want him. He chose the Dragon instead. Then Xardas wanted you to kill Beliars next avartar and when you did he took his powers and Beliar this time did choose him. But Xardas does'nt care for which is right and wrong he wants power, so thats why he left the fire magicians for more power and then he wants to be Beliars chosen [ A powerful magician whos a chosen of the gods will have unlimited str] So you see how Xardas used us in G1 and G2?
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:59 am
yeberion
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

you learn that you are a chosen from gothic 1, do you remember xardas saying somthing about the orc prophecys about the one who will come and destroy the barrier, the destroying of the barrier was the beggining of this clash between the avatars of the god, destroying the barrier was what made xardas so sure that our hero is a chosen of inos, that is my theory anyway because as you all know the barrier was not really made as a prison but to protect the ore from beliar.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:22 am
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well actually it was made as a prison and a protective thing from beliar. Xardus made the barrier go wrong so he could stay stuck so he could meet the chosen one. He knew that the innos avartor would come to kill beliars avartor and then Xardus could try to take the power and be the chosen of beliar like he did with the dragon
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:16 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

IMHO Xardus is a stinkin' coward for not going after the Sleeper himself and sending our poor stranger after him instead.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Robin_Hood
well actually it was made as a prison and a protective thing from beliar. Xardus made the barrier go wrong so he could stay stuck so he could meet the chosen one. He knew that the innos avartor would come to kill beliars avartor and then Xardus could try to take the power and be the chosen of beliar like he did with the dragon

Xardas made the barrier go awry? Where do you get that from? It makes a kind of sense, but are you sure?
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:32 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

If I remember correctly, Ur-Shak says the sleeper was the one that messed up the creation of the barrier...

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:46 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Korplem
If I remember correctly, Ur-Shak says the sleeper was the one that messed up the creation of the barrier...

This is what I had remembered, but it could be a bit of misdirection. Xardas has obviously been laying his plans for a very, very long time.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:12 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

That's true. It could actually have been Xardas, since if the barrier was made to keep Beliar from the ore... then why would Beliar's avatar be the thing holding up the barrier...?

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:22 pm
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

At jmurdock:

Well Xardus could not have beet the Sleeper only the chosen one could..but I get what you were trying to say.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST WHAT I THINK WE WILL KNOW IN GOTHIC 3 THE TRUTH.

Also the sleeper was the key to the barriors opening. I think that Xardus made the barrior go wrong but he also made the barrior only go away once Beliars avartar is dead [ sleeper ] because Xardus knew he would meet the chosen of innos.
Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next