Secret area in NOTR
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
maga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Secret area in NOTR

ok, in NOTR somewhere in the Valley, there is a small zone with 2 Stone Guardians, that seems inaccesible , because of the broken stone bridge. After sometime, i got to that zone by walking on the mountains there and dropping in (there are some stone tablets there and a magic Bow) but it seems impossible to leave now. Is it possible to jump the gap in the bridge ? i haven't figured it out yet.

If someone posted this before, sorry, i didn't know how to search this specific topic
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:42 am
Decline
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You know, I had the same problem a while ago. I was unable to find any place to safely make it back to the other side. In the end, I had to resort to marvin mode to get me out.

It may be possible to make it back to the other side of the bridge once you get the acrobatics bonus, but I haven't tried that yet. Of course, that won't help you if you don't have it already.

Actually, I did a search as I was typing, and found this. It suggests using snapperweed (Which should be found in the area) or speed potions. Transformation scrolls work as well - bloodflies, wolves, and wargs are all capable of crossing if you time it right.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:00 am
liviui
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

to get to the "innacesible area" with the broken bridge jump from the cliff above the bridge - don't try to jump on the brige but to it's right on the stone block.
when coming back eat a snaperweed (you can find a few there) position yourself to jump in diagonal count your steps and press jump at the last moment.
positioning and timing is critical but if you get it right you'll confortable jump across.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:28 am
maga
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

wow, Decline, i havent thought of transforming myself. I did a Shadowbeast morph, and worked like a dream . Thanks.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:14 am