View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cant enter Sleeper Temple.

Hello to all!

I've killed all the Orcs of the Orc village where the temple of the Sleeper lies.

I do not know what to do next.

There's a lever close to a door that won't move and the paths that I've explored around there are nothing but dead ends.

I've "picked up" the idol that has spikes on the head and taken possession of the 92 pt damage 2handed sword in a hall where a skeleton lay.

The Orc scroll doesn't do anything. When I cast it, my character raises his arms in the air and nothing happens afterwards.

I am sad.

-"Help me Obiwan Kenobi. You're my only hope".

Spoiler:

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:13 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

If you have the idol in your inventory, go use the lever. The teleport scroll will only work if you have enough mana......which is not much mana at all.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:39 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
If you have the idol in your inventory, go use the lever. The teleport scroll will only work if you have enough mana......which is not much mana at all.

Nothing works.

I read, in another thread, I think his name is Oni Kage, that if you're too far ahead in the script the game doesn't progress. I think that is my problem.
I have everything but no doors open...

I'm guessing that i have to get myself the orc friendship necklace Urshak keeps blabering about...

Damn, waste of time. Hope nothing like this happens in the 3rd Gothic...
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yes, itŽs possible the script is broken. The New Mine thing is in chapter 4 while the temple is chapter 5 stuff.

Maybe you can get back on track if you finish the friendship quest and enter chapter 5.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:02 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes, as Gorath say's - the script may be broken, but rest assured enodenroH, i guess you will find it all o.k and intact. You can only progress through the chapter change (5 - guardians of the portal) after exiting from the free mine for the second time (with the ulu-mulu). Yes, on reading your other thread you did progress beyond the storyline. You can't go wrong really, it's all in your (pc-hero's) journal. there are three progressive dialogues with urshak (and the ulu-mulu) before pulling the lever, there again just to be awkward! - you dont have to pull the lever. There are two chances prior to a fourth dialogue with ur-shak, of getting into the orc temple and endless chances out, the "path" you choose is yours alone.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:09 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's all right now... Phew!

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
Yes, as Gorath say's - the script may be broken, but rest assured enodenroH, i guess you will find it all o.k and intact. You can only :

With the Ulu Mulu, everything is all right now.
The moment I got out of the Free mine with it, I entered chapt. 5...
I'm glad I didn't have to begin all over.

I don't know about any of you guys but I think it's a major problem from the programmers' part leaving that sort of "bug" in the game. It slows us down and makes me believe that the game is flawed.
I wish nothing like this will ever happen in Gothic 3 because, if the world is 3 times bigger, it's gonna be a Mind bender having to figure out what to do to fix the broken script...

Anyway, thank you all for your time and suggestions.

Gotta go, still 4 undead shamans to clobber.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The devs had no time to take care of it. Their mother company gave them one last deadline, together with an encouraging sentence like "WeŽll release what you have".
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:20 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah,

But then they made a patch with an added quest 4 months later! ! ! !
Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:44 pm
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
The devs had no time to take care of it. Their mother company gave them one last deadline, together with an encouraging sentence like "WeŽll release what you have".

I understand if thats the case.
I shouldn't complain then because I wouldnt've done a better job myself.

They did a magnifficient good job for a young blooming company!
A great game. Almost flawless. One major nerve wracking thing I have to mention though : the keyboard's reaction to our commands is often erratic.

I mean, it doesn't do anything at all. It mostly happens when I'm fighting.
I'm shooting my crossbow but when the prey is running towards me, I have to run away like a coward in order to change weapon or else I won't be able to do anything. My character will just stand there and get his tuchass chopped into bits... It's not the case when I run away though.

It works fine. I turn around, run and press 1, then my 96 point 2 sided axe bringer of torture shines in the sunlight, humm, now it only faintly shines whenever I'm close to torches.

By doing this from the beginning, I soon realized that as I fled, I could look around the landscape and look for a place of solace. Most of the time I chose to find a death spot : somewhere I could lurk a foe to and shoot them with crossbow bolts to death.

Anyway, 2 undead brute shamans to kill but I can't find them.

I've killed the 3 most obvious ones :

1) The one straight from the door we come through when we enter the inner temple.
2nd and 3rd) From where blocks of stone fell into place. There are 2 there. One through a door that shows spikes coming from the floor from where you are when your first arrive on top. Its to your far right, north from you.
The other is where a puny Orc temple guard blocks a passage. You have to crawl in an underground hallway.

You eventually get to another zone where there is a bald Templar that has nothing better to do than to have a fight with you. In that area, there are 2 doors that I can't open. I'm sure that that's where my two clowns are.

I don't wan't to peek at a walkthrough but the temptation is getting bigger and bigger.

Enough said. Talk to you later.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:19 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by enodenroH

Anyway, 2 undead brute shamans to kill but I can't find them.

I've killed the 3 most obvious ones :

1) The one straight from the door we come through when we enter the inner temple.
2nd and 3rd) From where blocks of stone fell into place. There are 2 there. One through a door that shows spikes coming from the floor from where you are when your first arrive on top. Its to your far right, north from you.
The other is where a puny Orc temple guard blocks a passage. You have to crawl in an underground hallway.

You eventually get to another zone where there is a bald Templar that has nothing better to do than to have a fight with you. In that area, there are 2 doors that I can't open. I'm sure that that's where my two clowns are.

I don't wan't to peek at a walkthrough but the temptation is getting bigger and bigger.

Enough said. Talk to you later.

There are only 4 shamans you must deal with UNTIL you find a special sword and show it to Xardas.
1 is when you first entered the temple and you found it already
2 is in the next room past the gates you opened when you found the first shaman.(In the room where the blocks rose up)And you found that one too.
3 is underground in the minecrawler passages. You have to turn some switches to make him appear.
4 is in a building where you must activate a bridge to reach the building. The entrance is guarded by a spike trap, but you can climb in a side window. I think you found this one also.........and you should have found the sword i mentioned.

The fifth will kill you very quickly until you find out about the sword and do what needs to be done. Unfortunately he is rather easy to find and access. Where you killed Cor Boba and the 2 mine crawler warriors to enter another part of the temple..........go straight through the gate and continue straight. You will reach a large room with locked gates on the right and a big lava pit on the left. Out in the lava pit is a switch. But there is no need to mess with it until you do the sword thing I mentioned. You will either die or bleed heavily trying to escape the 5th shaman. He is in vulnerable to normal weapons.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:37 am
enodenroH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote="Uriziel
You will either die or bleed heavily trying to escape the 5th shaman. He is in vulnerable to normal weapons.[/quote]

Indeed. The guy has very bad breath... It's sort of greenish...

Anyway, just to let you know, I finished the game but I cheated...

Yeah, yeah, I can hear you right now calling me all sorts of names...
Well, you know, I didn't know that you had to open the 5 tombs containing the hearts of the damned orc shamans and cherry pop them...
When I see monsters in a room, I never go in without having my weapon unsheathed. Hence, I couldn't know that I could open the tombs.

I read a walkthrough that said that. I cheated because I couldn't kill the Sleeper. He bears his name well : Whenever I jumped on the platform on which he stood, he put me to sleep with his breath... Since I couldn't do anything, I lost patience and did the unforgivable. End of story.

So, now I get where you got that name you so proudly called yourself!

Well, that's it for now. See ya later. Maybe when Gothic 3 comes out.
Can't wait. Already finished Gothic 2 a few months ago.
Now, I thinks I'll finish Arx Fatalis.

Talk to you later.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:52 am