Usergroups
Need some help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

welp i am having some serious probs trying to become a member of any camps... for the old camp.. i havent defeated the 2nd fighter in the arena... i couldnt get wistlers sword... and i have yet to get dexters potion... and i have done everything needed to get into the new camp but when i ask the leader.. forget his name.. if i can join... it says i have to be atleast lvl 5 to join... i am lvl 11 any ideas??

oh and to join the old camp do i have to beat kharim i think his name is??
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:00 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Kharim is too hard right now. Just leave him.

Save the game, then re-Load it. Then talk to Lares at the New Camp again. He should talk to you now.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 1:21 pm
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

no its not that he wont talk to me... its when i talk to him after selling all that weed i ask him if thats enough for me to join... and then it says on the screen something about me having to be atleast lvl 5 and he says that i am not skilled enough to join just yet and i have reloaded it 3 times and tried again still says i have to be lvl 5... and i am lvl 11...
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 2:09 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Did you give him the list?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:00 pm
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

shit i have to give him the list... bah... i gave it to dieago... son of a bitch... man if i have to start over screw that... been playin for like 20 hours... i was trying to get into the old camp... but i messed up getting that sword for wistler... and in the sect camp i cant get 2 of the gharus to talk to me... so i cant get the recipe for dexter...

oh and another question... how long do u have to wait till u change back after turning into a meatbug... or do u need the same amount of mana that the spell takes to change back??
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Press enter to retransform.
You can cheat to get the list back from Diego.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 8:36 pm
Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i think that at this point you could join the old camp if you have completed some of the other tasks like vanishing Mordrag from the camp or finding nek(at the cave you find exiting the old camp from the southern gate). challenge both karim and khirgo, they'll probably kick your ass, but dont worry because scatty will be "impressed" you challenged karim and speak in your favor. hope this helps! also, you should consider going to the swamp camp before joining the new or old camps as they will give you simple quests and give you experince.

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:33 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh man, it would be hilarious if you couldn't join any camp! hahaha... But it doesn't matter anyways. Joining a camp is just so that you can run around beating people from the other camps up.

You can still get the recipe for Dexter. Just walk into Cor Kalom's alchemy lab, then lockpick the LEFT chest. No one in the Sect Camp cares if you steal from their chests, they even encourage you to.

Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:42 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, and it doesn't make a damned difference if you cheat to finish quests.

The storyline automatically adapts to you cheating for an item.

Just type INSERT THELIST in console, then you'll get Ian's List. Give it to Lares, then he'll edit it. Then after he sees the list, ask him if you can join, again. You don't have to give Diego the list if you don't want to.

If you still get the Lvl 5 error message, then go fight some monsters to get to a new level, then try joining a camp again.

But, since you cheated once already, you can cheat some more by trying INSERT CH, and letting him give you free stuff.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:44 am
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks for the info guys... i havent cheated yet... havent even bothered to look up cheats for this game yet... i want to beat atleast once without cheating... but if i have to cheat to join atleast one camp i guess i can... i dont feel like starting over..

and i did find nek and banish mordrag... the only 2 quest i havent done from the old camp are dexters recipe and getting wislters sword.. but i will fight kharim and lose... i can almost beat him as it is right now... but he does some crazy ass swing that hits u 4 times... thats what kills me.. hes a sissy other wise.. but thanks for your help guys
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 2:48 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Try pulling your weapon on Kharim, before you ask him to fight. He'll run away like a pussy. And run right into the castle.

Oh, and if you go to Fingers to learn how to lockpick lvl 1, he'll vote for you.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 11:28 pm
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

alright i lvl'ed again... and am now lvl 12 and i still get the you have to be lvl 5 error when trying to join the new camp.. so i guess i will have to cheat... how do u get the console up?? ~ button doesnt work...
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:20 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothic doesn't use Tilde(~). It uses F2.
Make sure you have MARVIN-MODE enabled.

I got that Must Be At Level 5 message when I was at level 45, too.
I tried everything. I finally just quit trying to join the New Camp, and went to the Old Camp.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:25 pm
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

alright i was wondering how to get the heavy gaurd armour from OC.. then i read u cant get it... how do u get it if u cheat then... what command do u type in??
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:43 am
sleeplessone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

type "insert [item name]"

to get any item in the game

you need to know the item names first
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:28 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next