No
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Thread
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Suicidal Cockroach, all those points are excellent, and what you just said says that Gothic IS sexist, because you said that women should be equal to men in dext and more better and magic, etc. so then there should be men AND women in Gothic.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:30 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by VergoldeterMensch
a guy wrote in here, that women can also hold swords... you never had a real sword in your hands, had you? i couldn't fight with it and you too.

This is a valid point, most swords are heavier than people realize. A woman could learn to use a short sword or a rapier just as easily as a man, but when it comes to long or broad swords in order to use it properly a woman would have to go through some serious strength training first. Even then it would be almost impossible for a woman to use a bastard, claymore, or two handed sword for any length of time.
quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
well not to be rude but thats the way it is in real life , there all whores 90% of them any way.

I hope this is a joke, because this would show remarkable bitterness for someone who just turned eighteen. If it was meant in a serious way then I would guess you were dumped by a long time girlfriend in the last week or two.
quote:
Originally posted by [= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Suicidal Cockroach, all those points are excellent, and what you just said says that Gothic IS sexist, because you said that women should be equal to men in dext and more better and magic, etc. so then there should be men AND women in Gothic.

Not really, though I can see how it could easily be interpreted in that way. I was saying that men and women are better than each other at various things, but when it all comes together we are pretty equal (in real life). I was also saying that in games men and women should fairly equal in strengths and weaknesses, but the question in Gothic is not one of skill but of women’s place in society. This is a game based in a medieval world, and in our own medieval times women were not warriors, they were not allowed to be. In the real medieval times women weren’t generally allowed to be anything but servants. That is why the game is not sexist, because it’s portrayal of women’s role in society at that time is fairly realistic.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:54 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

its just a game....in real life in medievel times no one ever mastered swordsmanship or marksmanship within a few days or a week. And there were men slaves....the diggers, peasants, and scapers all did hard labor instead of perform sexual favors and clean. Only person who chose to do hard labor was Horatio....who didn't want to fight anymore.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:58 pm
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
its just a game....in real life in medievel times no one ever mastered swordsmanship or marksmanship within a few days or a week. And there were men slaves....the diggers, peasants, and scapers all did hard labor instead of perform sexual favors and clean. Only person who chose to do hard labor was Horatio....who didn't want to fight anymore.

Yea, true, it's just a game, and what VergoldeterMensch said ain't true as well, in a couple of years I probably could hold a sword, right now I might even be able to hold a short sword even though I'm only 12.

And what Paul99999 said, ummm... you're sort of right there except for the percentage you put, around 20% are who*es (I would know, heaps of 'em at my school are). Oh and I wouldn't say that around all the female users on this site.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:07 pm
Velnias
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by VergoldeterMensch
there have been written that it's close tho the real medieval. that isn't really correct, but in this time women really didn't fight and where social far under the men.

If you'll read the actual words I posted, I said "socially speaking," as in society, social structure, etc.

Naturally, I didn't mean that the physical environment, with magic and super-duper ore, was anything but fantasy.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:12 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

get the fact's...
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:34 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Facts about what, women being w****s? If you continue to think that then you are in for a very lonely life. You should try treating women with respect, then maybe you won’t only attract the w****ish type.
*This is not meant as any type of flame, but I’ve found that generally when people of either sex think the other is lesser, they have been hanging around the wrong kind of people.*
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:41 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

lol you take the internet a little to serious... go outside?
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:17 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Bach & Baroque
I think it's an understatement to say a *bit* sexist. It's seemed to me very sexist, and the women are undeniably looked upon and treated as highly inferior. Not much more than sex objects (naked/bikinied chick in the bath?, leather-clad chick bent over cleaning up in the kitchen?). I mean, it works for the plot, and could also show in a way that males are sleazeball criminals, and that's why they make up 99% of the colony. But to have 'em nothing more than slaves and kinky maids and such ... I mean, that's just a touch extreme. I'm not a big fan of the staunch feminist movement by any means, but Gothic seemed to take it a wee far, much as I loved it. Could just be I'm an American, and that it's more "politically" correct/acceptable in Germany.

Maybe you thought a bunch of prisoners from the middle ages would respect a woman enough to follow her in a setting where laws dont apply?

Or you thought a bunch of prisoners who havent had a woman since they've been in the barrier would like to see what little women that are around dressed up in full length aprons and dresses?

Doesnt sound very realistic
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:41 pm
Child-of-Thunder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just to throw a stick in the mix...

Anyone ever heard of Brunhilde? or the Valkyries?

Im sure they are from German folklore, but could be wrong :O)

Then again, has anyone played "The ring"? not quite the same league as Gothic but good nonetheless :O)
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:23 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

quote:
lol you take the internet a little to serious... go outside?

thank God it was a joke I was starting to think bad things about you
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:37 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes.
First impressions tend to get the better of us dont they?
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:09 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

it was truth what i said
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:15 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Makes you wonder about what all the men in old camp.new camp,swamp camp do to get laid? i mean...gomez can do it with his girls whenever and however he wants

but what about the slaves? i mean...does this mean the guys do it with eachother? cause that would be really gross....or is all the guys need their magic finger? LOOOOL!!!

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:25 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
it was truth what i said

No, what you have said is a lie.

This thread is going downhill rather quickly.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:32 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next