Unlimited money
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Kiwi
I found the exact data array for each NPC. Now I can do much more such as change combat skill, voice, armor, weapon, flag immortal.

**Flag him immortal -- that's easy and simple. You may even give negative consequences for players, who attempt to rob him by attacking him.**

I can flag Carl immortal and leave smith clothes just double normal armor for fun. If you try to beat Carl, watch out he wil be upset and Peck will come to his aid. You must pay Andre the fine to make good. How is that for a consequence?

I believe I can find the number hex pattern from the bandit who dies when you kill him, I put that in place of Brahim and he will die if you beat him up; BUT he needs to be around to do a Quest in chapter 3 for some women lost map...I do not think it is plot critical.

I think PB did not want you to accidently destroy your chance at the quest in chapter 3 for some woman's lost map...

1) going around killing Brahim permenate if rob him;

2) or flag him immortal;

3) or I can give him a decent weapon and armor along with increase attributes and Combat skill to make it very tough to beat him up unless you are a high level character anyway and probably do not need the money, more the experience....

So which way is the best?
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:29 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Can't kill Brahmin forever, as he is needed for CH3 quest. Small quest, but nevertheless. After that quest, he is no more needed.. So invuln from CH1 to CH3, and "usual" from CH4+.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:16 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do not know how to do that yet, from chapter to chapter, but most people playing Hard MOD may already know about the chapter 3 quest. If the chapter 3 quest is not absolute critical; then killing him early for the maps for free is punishment for being so heavy handed. It is a tough decision. I wish I knew how to make him one way, then the other.

I could just make him a real tough SOB to knockdown without him dying, and let him stay down for say 5 minutes instead of the 20 seconds now? Makes it real boring to make money off him; and only a higher level player could really beat him up easily (higher level player may already have tons of gold anyway).

I am lowering all Hunting Skills from 1 up to 3 max Learning Points except for Skining Fur (5) since that is full price paid by apprentice with Bosper. Also increase trophies items value by about 50% to 500% for some rare skills and trophies. Maybe encourage more people will use them skills for making money also. This will be important since I am nerfing big time easy money exploits in game, but this will encourage people to learn some hunting skills to make good money off trophies and not be so boring.

Money pumps will still be infinite but very hard and long to do. This way will stop exploits but yet allow people to make good money the right correct way. Hardly anyone invest skills in hunting right now. It being cheaper in LP now, and a good gold pay back, it may be worth it and more enjoyable processing your animal or monster kills for trophies.

I also lowered all your starting 10% rookie combat skill to only big fat 0%. Now you must spend more in Combat Skills. It all balances out roughly...more Hard and Fun.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:17 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
If you try to beat Carl, watch out he wil be upset and Peck will come to his aid.

Sounds alright, but consider this: Peck is at either the Red Lantern or the barracks; Carl is in the poor district of the city. So, in "reality", how does Peck see you're trying to beat Carl?

quote:
You must pay Andre the fine to make good. How is that for a consequence?

If you can, you may increase the fine (I think there're specific dialogs for different prices). After all, it's the player who's trying to raise infinite money. So, why don't we give him the opposite if he fails?

quote:
BUT he needs to be around to do a Quest in chapter 3 for some women lost map...I do not think it is plot critical.

It's very hard for me to catagorize Brahim as a plot essential character. Hanna's lost map is a side quest. If Brahim is dead, this quest can remain unfinished, while the player continues on his main quest.

I don't think Brahim is related to the main plot, either. In Chapter 3, the hero must (1) help Bennet out of prison and (2) restore the amulet with magicians' help. None of these quests revolves around Brahim. Most events in Chapter 4 happen in the "G1-World". Brahim is not important in Chapter 5 because he's not a candidate for the ship.

Brahim seems to be just another "minor" character in the game, but if he's really important in technical terms, perhaps we can do something else.

quote:
I think PB did not want you to accidently destroy your chance at the quest in chapter 3 for some woman's lost map...

Think about it. If they didn't want the player to kill Brahim, so that the player can get the quest, why didn't they make him immortal (like the Judge) in the first place? Originally, the player CAN kill Brahim, just like any other normal person in the game.

Options: Treatment for Brahim

quote:
1) going around killing Brahim permenate if rob him;

IMHO, this sounds like the best option. I think it may be better if he's permanently dead after the player robs him. However, if that's not allowed at the programming level, is it still possible to flag him hostile permanently if the player attempts to rob him?

quote:
2) or flag him immortal;

If option 1) does not work, perhaps this is the alternate solution.

quote:
3) or I can give him a decent weapon and armor along with increase attributes and Combat skill to make it very tough to beat him up

I don't like this option personally, but others may like it anyway. Brahim admits he is an old, weak man who's unable to adventure for treasure. It seems contradictive for me if you give him uber-high attributes and skills.

quote:
I am lowering all Hunting Skills from 1 up to 3 max Learning Points except for Skining Fur (5) since that is full price paid by apprentice with Bosper. Also increase trophies items value by about 50% to 500% for some rare skills and trophies.

Sounds interesting. Don't forget you can also raise the LP above 5, if the trophy is expensive enough.

quote:
I also lowered all your starting 10% rookie combat skill to only big fat 0%.

Interesting, but it's also cool if you change the entire learning mechanism, but I don't know if it's possible. (i.e. Sometimes, the player needs to spend double LP's when the alternate melee/ranged skill is too low. Well, can you, let's say, triple the LP's instead?)
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:56 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2