a couple of queries
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

a couple of queries

hi, i've been reading the forum for a bit although this is the first time for me to post. i've a couple of queries that i don't think have been mentioned (and if they have i apologise in advance)

1)seeing as how you can get into the town hall while still guildless (by sneaking past the guards) and can subsequently speak to lord hagen to start chapter 2. i was just curious how far it is theoretically possible to progress while guildless

2)i was wondering if anyone else has had problems trying to recuit wolf as crew in chapter 5. i got him a job working at bengar's farm in an earlier chapter and now he says something along the lines of being fine with what he's doing at the moment. does this mean that wolf will only accompany you if you don't get him the bengar's farm job or did i miss something?

well thanks for reading
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:18 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

i had the same problem did you recrut the smith from onar before you asked wolf?

i played version 1.28 and 1.29 (german) and if you had them both on your ship wolf said "did you have to take him with you" or so

wolf doesent like the smith from onar because he stole him his job because in gothic 1 wolf was the man for the weapons and stuff

i think PB have changed this in version 1.30

(if my english is bad sorry im german)
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:27 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

to be honest i haven't recruited anyone yet but was instead just wandering about seeing who i could get as crew.

i'm currently playing the english version so unfortunately i don't think it's that

thanks anyway
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:41 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

yes but you have version 1.30 and so the patch is implemented

as crew you can have:
Lester, Lares, Lee, Gorn, Milten, Wolf, Diego, Vatras, the smith from onar,

as captain: jack or torlof or the one at the monastary

you can chose them as last ones if you have the others and then biff and mario
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:53 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

To answer an earlier question, I'm currently level 10 and still guildless. I know I could boost this to at least 11, but I'm not sure if I want to. There's plenty more monsters to kill, but some are just too hard. I've been building up Alchemy, so I'm not much of a fighter 30%.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:50 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: a couple of queries

quote:
Originally posted by Punter X

1)seeing as how you can get into the town hall while still guildless (by sneaking past the guards) and can subsequently speak to lord hagen to start chapter 2. i was just curious how far it is theoretically possible to progress while guildless

Hmmm. This is interesting. Someone should try this out to expirement. I wonder how the game scripts would handle someone being guildless in Chapter 2 thru ....

quote:

2)i was wondering if anyone else has had problems trying to recuit wolf as crew in chapter 5. i got him a job working at bengar's farm in an earlier chapter and now he says something along the lines of being fine with what he's doing at the moment. does this mean that wolf will only accompany you if you don't get him the bengar's farm job or did i miss something?

Wolf would not join me either. I set him up at Bengar's and later went there to ask him. He said he wasn't interested. I did have Bennet on my crew before I asked Wolf so I wonder if that indeed was a factor...
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:20 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Your crew does'nt really matter, just get 5. By the time you sail, your character will be able to handle anything you will encounter, so you don't "need" any of the things they might could offer.

I wish PB had'nt done this. Your crew should have been important, and they should be helping you to go after a REALLY REALLY badass boss, but they don't and the final battle is lame

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:27 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You will be able to get up to chapter 3 while being guildless, but then Xardas requires you to be the next higher level for your chosen guild before joining the other wizards at the Circle of the Sun to repair the Eye of Innos. Therefore you will have to chose your guild in chapter 3.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:23 pm