View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
jimmymac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

error in yew

hi guys, i wonder if someone here can help me with an error in ultiima 9

I'm currently in Yew where Raven has just been had her trial and been found guilty, as i leave the court area a gargoyle speaks to me and directs me to visit vasgralem.

However he is not in his hut, instead the only winged gargoyle i can find appears to be back in the court area and i am unable to speak to him.

does anyone know what the issue maybe or does anyone have savegame for after the the point where you need to talk to him so i can bypass it,

many thanks
Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:50 pm
Ygern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The winged gargoyle in the courtroom is the Vasgralem. If memory serves, the conversation with him is triggered when you leave the courthouse.
Have you made sure that you have the Gargoyle Queen's egg in your backpack? This might be the problem if you haven't.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:43 pm
jimmymac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

as you leave courthouse it triggers a convo with desgret (summat like that), his assistant. He says he will go to his house and activate the lift to his room, i go there and no vasgralem, instead he appears at the courthouse.

However i am unable to interact with vasgralem, he floats in position and wont do anything, not even if i stab the crap out of him!

If this aint a usual problem has anyone got a save game sometime after this so i can skip it,
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:14 pm
Ygern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry I wasn't very clear last time, its been a while since i played. I don't think that there is anything wrong with your game. It just can be a little fiddly getting the corect 'trigger' for the next scene. First you talk to the wingless gargoyle outside the courthouse, then you go to the *wingless* gargoyle's house and talk to him AGAIN, this time with the Queen's egg if you have it. Then he will say tell you to take the lift out side his treehouse up to Vasagralem. This time Vas should talk to you.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:47 pm
jimmymac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nope, still no luck.

Have honestly tried every which way i can with this one but still vasgrelem only appears in the courthouse and cannot be interacted with at all,

Think its fair to say this is just a localised issue with my game, hence why i asking for possible savegames of other peoples, rather than starting the whole thing over again
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:47 pm
Ygern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry, you have me stumped. There is a link on this site that still does have savegames available, but they are in German so I don't know if it's any use:
http://members.aon.at/hacki-ultima/english/community_links.htm

Also I have read somewhere that this bug can occur if you talked to Vasagralem before you went to the courthouse. If this is what happened to you then just go back to a savegame where you entered Yew, & go straight to court without talking to him. Check out this site for some useful info on bugs in Ascension.
http://www.gulbsoft.de/faq.latest.html
Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:39 pm
jimmymac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

always the way aint it, never have a savegame for before the bug kicked in, oh well

thanks for all your help fella
Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:06 pm