Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Question: Alternative paths to finish the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SouHai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Question: Alternative paths to finish the game?

I personally have never loved a game as much as Gothic I. It was fantastic. It had the freedom of Morrowind but with with actual life(nature and how people reacted, talked etc), less time consuimingrunning around, great action and amazing mature and intriguing story.

But there was this big dissapointment. The last chapters were really not flexible at all. You had to a new camp follower. There was no variations in how the game went on depending on what camp you had picked. Instead you just ran around solving boring puzzles in dark and boring dungeons.
Is it gonna a repetive story here in Gothic II? Will I be forced be a special camp(Im guessing farmers, but dont tell me which one please) or will be able to play the game to finish with more variation than Gothic I?

Btw, any other great RPGS around? Ive tried Morrowind, BG2, NWN, ... nothing really compares. Ive heard old Fallout 2 is good?
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:26 pm
SouHai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And btw, can someone tell me a bit about how the Farmer camp is?
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:32 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You're not forced to pick a specific camp in Gothic II. The ending doesn't vary, however - the main story is independent of your choice of team, but your choice affects the subplots and side quests.

There is no real farmers' camp in Gothic II - the guys on the farm are your old mercenary 'friends' of old.

As for some other neat CRPG, try Arx. Atmosphere-wise it's a mixture of Ultima Underworld, Thief and Gothic. Your freedom of choice is more limited than in Gothic, but for me the game was quite enthralling.
Post Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:30 pm