View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Vorge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Altering stats

Hi all!

I have played through Arx to about L4 2 times now and seem to consistently make messes of my characters. Thsi time round I have 105 stealth at the detriment of everything else

I was hoping there was a way I could use a cheat to redistribute my stat points? All I really want to do is drop my stealth down and raise object knowledge.

Is this possible?
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:58 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Altering stats

quote:
Originally posted by Vorge
Hi all!

I have played through Arx to about L4 2 times now and seem to consistently make messes of my characters. Thsi time round I have 105 stealth at the detriment of everything else

I was hoping there was a way I could use a cheat to redistribute my stat points? All I really want to do is drop my stealth down and raise object knowledge.

Is this possible?

This is the only "code" that I know of. From Gamespot.

Obviously put in by the developers for easier testing, you can grab some very nice loot right at the beginning, however, it's completely unbalancing. After you break out of your cell, take out the goblin. Walk to the table and look at the pile of refuse in the corner. Grab the bone on the left (in the pile with some other vegetables). Use it on the chair (double-click then click on the chair; gives you a triangles-in-circle icon) ten times, and you'll get a whole lot of extremely sweet goods to start you off. This'd make even the endgame a breeze, so don't expect a whole lot of trouble from the rats.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:45 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Code for stats

I don't know of anything else but the bone cheat. You really need to have at least 14 strength to use the weapons and wear the armor you will need. You need object knowledge and casting and then dexerity in decending order after that. If you have a save game you can back up and redistribute. Note what goes up when you increase object knowledge and others. You need at least 60 object knowledge to make most of the potions for yourself. And if you are like me you will need to make some later in game, as there is limited available to buy. Hope this helps a little.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:33 pm
Vorge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for those tips.

If I choose to bash the chair with the bone do I get all my stats automatically boosted, or can I choose not to spend the points?
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:43 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Bone cheat

I don't know myself. The one time I tried to use the cheat my system got so buggy and crashed every five minutes, I gave up. That was before the last patch though, but I haven't tried again. What I do remember, you get so much good stuff that finishing the game with no stats would be easy.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:34 pm