RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
About the Gothic 2 addon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

About the Gothic 2 addon

Well, my friend has already played it and he likes it a lot, but I still haven't and I heard that there were new 2 side-guilds, bandits and pirates. I saw pictures that Thorus was in the bandit guild and some other guys too, but what armors can you get as a bandit. The other question would be that do you see any old faces in the pirate guild and what kind of armors do you get there?

Oh also, I heard that you can only be a watermages worker not a watermage itself. Is that true?
M essages
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:19 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

there are 3 sub-guilds: circle of the water(you cant be a mage yourself), pirates and bandits. Well pirates have pirates armor(dont know how to explain their armor in any other way) and bandits have new camps rogues and old camps guards armor from G1.
There are no old faces within pirates, but theres fisk, fortuno, snaf, thorus, bloodwyn, raven, huno and scatty as bandits.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:49 am
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Are they friendly, since the last time I like killed them all XD. Oh also, does that mean you can get heavy guards armor in the addon too without cheating?
M essages
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:02 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by sushimees
Are they friendly, since the last time I like killed them all XD. Oh also, does that mean you can get heavy guards armor in the addon too without cheating?

yups this time u can get the highest heavy guard armor without cheating . And to your question some will be non friendly but others are still friendly and some even remember you . Ow they killed btw me also[my avatar] before u enter the addon Fletcher
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:02 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yes, I'm playing through this little bit of the add-on right now myself. Isn't it cool/& realistic how the writers have made the bandits camp behave the exact same way the old camp used to work? It makes sense, because it's ran by the same jerks that ran the old camp in the first game.

It is a little curious, however, that just about everyone who played the first game killed most of these characters that are re-appearing in the sequel.
>Sorry Daedalus - I even killed Fletcher in G1!<
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:07 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

In G1 I refrained from killing people if I could help it, and it was a nice surprise to see some people reappear in G2NotR... especially some I hadn't counted on meeting ever again, like Thorus.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:20 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

too bad you cant take the addon npcs to irdorath and mainland with you, i wanted to take cavalorn and thorus with me
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:56 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

I wonder how can Raven be alive so far.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:10 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

what do you mean by that patriot?
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:30 pm
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

But when will the addon itself start in gothic 2 and when will it end? Also, how many hours of gameplay is addon and if the addon ends, will you go back to the normal world?
M essages
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:53 pm
Nothingman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What about main character in addon? Do you play everything from beggining AGAIN, or you can export your character somehow???
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:25 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by titus

But in gothic1 you kill Gomez.On your way it's sure that you kill Raven.How can you see him again in the addon.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:41 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
quote:
Originally posted by titus

But in gothic1 you kill Gomez.On your way it's sure that you kill Raven.How can you see him again in the addon.

maybe you did beat him up, then thought he is dead, but in truth he wasnt. hapens in movies all the time. and maybe the same with thorus and others
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:30 pm
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah happens all the time in films, but in real life :p It's like I stick my mammoth big sword into his guts and slice him up, but later the enemy founds out! Oh yeah! I'm not dead, I bet the hero had some lame bug HAHAHAHA!!!
M essages
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:57 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by sushimees
But when will the addon itself start in gothic 2 and when will it end? Also, how many hours of gameplay is addon and if the addon ends, will you go back to the normal world?

The addon will start right in the beginning of Gothic 2. It will end whenever you solved the addon main quest. Most people played the addon main quest in chapter 2 I think (but I may be wrong), I didn't think of doing so until I was in chapter 3. There is new stuff apart from the addon main quest, like new options in 'regular' G2 quests, so once you return from Jharkendar (the new part of the world in the addon), there are new things to explore.
As for the hours of gameplay - I don't remember, but the topic has been discussed before, so you might do a forum search.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:16 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next