TOEE help?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

TOEE help?

How do I get different beginnings? One time I got the beginning where I went into an alleyway and found a dead clergy member of St Cuthbert. Now all I get is the elf one. Also....how do I stay alive at all? I can't manage to kill anything but brigands. I don't know how to make party members conscious again either. All I do is die.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The beginnings are based on alignment.

Staying alive is hard at low levels. Just keep your party tight, find cover when you can, and concentrate fire on one foe at a time. Usually it's best to kill the weaker foes first (so they don't get free attacks on you) unless one foe is overwhelmingly strong.

Unconscious party members can be revived (or stabilized) with cure spells. Resting after a fight should wake them up as well (as long as they stabilize, which is done with cure spells or the healing skill ... I think. It's been a long time since I played.).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:12 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Outside the moathouse isn't bad. Its just inside that is hard. Right downstairs is zombies and other undead that can easily go through the party without any problems. Also it gets difficult to loot the bodies. Alot of times when I try to loot one it just highlights dark blue but you can't loot it.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:18 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I figured out how to survive and kill all the bandits in the moathouse. I had thought the moathouse was a major quest but apparently its not. After I delivered the pendant thing and killed the bandits...it just said quest completed. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing now except that whole mess of quests that are tied to that one guy everyone is trying to hitch up with the widow. Which I can't figure out how to heal the brother in law.

Besides not knowing what to do....I have difficulty looting corpses. I have to try and rest until they decay so I can retrieve loot. Also can't figure out how to dismiss henchmen. Henchmen in TOEE are crappier. You can't just pay them from your funds. They automatically take part of the loot. I didn't know that and don't know how to rid myself of that guy.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:24 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes, the henchmen system sucks.

Only one way to get rid of them... kill them/get them killed.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:49 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm playing through this game now, and I can loot bodies without a problem. I believe there was an issue if you have Windows XP SP2. I believe the work around was to manually start combat, then loot the bodies.

Also, you can ditch NPCs by talking to them.
Post Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:52 pm