Piranha Bytes Is Hiring
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Piranha Bytes Is Hiring

German Piranha Bytes ('Gothic' series) is looking for a <a href="http://www.piranha-bytes.com/gothic2/content_german/jobs.php#Programmierer" target="_blank">programmer</a> and a <a href="http://www.piranha-bytes.com/gothic2/content_german/jobs.php#3dartist" target="_blank">3D Artist</a>. It looks like at least the programmer position could be related to the development of 'Gothic III' since one of the requirements listed is an affinity to RPGs. Another interesting bit is that experience in console programming (XBox, PS2) is listed as a plus which might be a hint at possible console versions of 'Gothic III'.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:53 pm
Lanael
City Guard
City Guard

If they really plan to do Gothic 3 on consoles, we could say goodbye to the big mainland that we've seen in G1 & G2 ( RAM issue ).
Also; I still can't understand why they gave up their good engine... maybe to be able to port their games more easily on consoles ?
Sad news for CRPGs if this is the case.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:57 pm

Of course the safe thing to assume is that this may mean console versions * in addtition to* the PC versions.

And in my gut I feel that PB will not forget that the PC is their "main" platform and any sacrifices that may have to made to accomodate consoles will not affect the PC product. This means that they will adopt the develop for PC first/ Port to consoles later attitude.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:24 pm

The big continuous areas are one of the main characteristics of the Gothic franchise, and I have faith that PB does not abandon this. Should they develop a console version, however, it seems unlikely that they will create two completely different level designs for both versions, and hence will have to reduce memory usage for the PC version, too, having the console specifications in mind. It would be a real shame if they went this way, though. I for one am certainly not buying any games watered down because there exists a console version of it (remembering how horribly Deus Ex 2 suffered to accommodate its console version).
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:45 pm

hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Why ruin a perfectly good game with a console version? Although, it is theirs to ruin...
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:00 am

shut up i don't wont to listhen to this why would they make gothic 3 as consola game no resone.
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:47 am

milijan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by hwfanatic
Why ruin a perfectly good game with a console version? Although, it is theirs to ruin...
i ja to kazem budale sta drugo
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:53 am
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
i ja to kazem budale sta drugo

I ja isto
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:34 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
shut up i don't wont to listhen to this why would they make gothic 3 as consola game no resone.

Look, person, this is a public forum. We all have a right to express each others' oppinion. You don't have to like it, it0s just the way it is. As I said, it is their game to destroy, if they wish. I would not be glad if they do, though...

Srbija do Tokija!
Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:29 pm

ej kakose zoves i koliko imas godina(gdesi naucio tako dobro da pricas engleski) ako ti smeta sto te pitam privatne stvari izvini. zivela srbija
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:17 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
ej kakose zoves i koliko imas godina(gdesi naucio tako dobro da pricas engleski) ako ti smeta sto te pitam privatne stvari izvini. zivela srbija
to sam bio ja ali se nisam bio upiso paje ispalo kao guest sorry.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:21 am

milijan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

oh jebemu mater opet i must be stupid or something
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:26 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Not only is this a public forum - it's also an international forum, and the forum language is English.

Please do not post in Serbian, Slovene, Croatian, Bosnian, French, Luxemburgian, German, Dutch, Flemish, Swedish, Greek, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili, Latin, Assyrian, Sanskrit, or any other non-English language.

Thank you.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:13 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I donīt understand what problems you all have with a G3 for consoles. The licensed engine supports many different platforms. As I understand a port to another platform only increases your developement costs by ~10%. Sounds like easy money.
And one coder with console experience doesnīt necessarily mean PB will also do the console version. I would speculate that PB only makes sure the technology works on PS2 and/or XBox and then outsources the port to a specialized studio.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:14 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Not only is this a public forum - it's also an international forum, and the forum language is English.

Please do not post in Serbian, Slovene, Croatian, Bosnian, French, Luxemburgian, German, Dutch, Flemish, Swedish, Greek, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili, Latin, Assyrian, Sanskrit, or any other non-English language.

Thank you.

Flemmish ain't a language. We, Flemmish people, talk Dutch. OK, we have different accents, but it's still one language. (The difference between Jamaican English and UK English is a lot bigger.)

But still thanks for posting this, Jaz.

On topic: A console gothic 3 is only possible if they'd make an English version. So I think that would be good news for us, the non-German speekers. (I can understand a bit, but not enough to understand a simple game, so Gothic is way to difficult.)
NFG member
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:02 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next