Removing object glow
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Removing object glow

Is there a way to turn off the glowing of objects you can pick up? Instead the constant raising and lowering from bright to black?
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:42 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Even though i think it would involve too much fiddling with the files, i will check it out, could be a few days (when my other pc' (for games)is connected)
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:09 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Removing object glow

quote:
Originally posted by SimCity
Is there a way to turn off the glowing of objects you can pick up? Instead the constant raising and lowering from bright to black?

Why would you wanne take that effect away, I like it, it helps me to see lying objects in the dark and it helps to target enemy's better.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:55 am
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wulf: Thanks, let me know how it goes.

EDV: I just wanted to see what it would look like. It might offer more of a challenge (not that Gothic isn't already very challenging), maybe even too difficult, but I was just curious as to what it would be like (and look like).
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:30 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Whoooaaa, SimCity,

Are you now saying you want it "Turned off" Completely from sight? because that can be done easier that just removing the anoying pulse effect.
Furthermore the shakeycam mod, will remove all focus glowing references,
for instance you could pass a small object on the ground and miss it unless you looked closely with great awareness. also the shakeycam mod enhances the graphics detail as well as focus distance.
It is downloadable from the Gothic link here on your left, then go to gallery/specials i think.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:18 pm
SimCity
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I realize that there are two types of glow.

(1) The focus glow where you go up to the object and it glows.

(2) The glow you see from far away (in which the objects blinks up and down with a glow)

The glow I want to remove is the second one. If an object highlights in front of me, that's fine, but I just wanted to see it could blend into the environment more.

Hey, Gothic is perfect and I love it, it is by far my favorite game, and I've played Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights and such. How alive the world is and gameplay is extraordinary, more than any other game I've seen. This is certainly the game that other RPGs are judged by in my book. I can't wait to play Gothic 2.

So if I want to tweak something, it's only because I want to test out things in such a great game, because I probably wouldn't even bother going through such an effort for NWN.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:42 pm