Cant pick up multiples of anything!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Coconuts
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cant pick up multiples of anything!

OK, new problem. On my new character, I am only able to pick up one gold or arrow or whatever every time I click on it in an inv screen. This seems to be a local problem, as all other chars are still normal.

Possible causes? My first thought was some of the mods I installed, but it doesnt seem to make sense, as this only affected my new character, and only after she had been in Morrowind a little while (done tax collecter quest, heading out of Seyda). Another would simply be something that got changed on my prefs, but I havent been able to find anything of that sort.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Its hard to play an archer when you have to buy arrrows one by one in the trade screen.

The man who couldn't find a horse.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:57 pm
Coconuts
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Update:

Ok, tried out a new character, affect them.

Tried reloading other games, they are affected.

I'm leaning now on the mods, gonna try to uninstall some of them, see if it fixes problem.

Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:13 pm
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It's possible that there is some undocumented keyboard combo with the control and shift key that toggles that setting. Since they're right next to each other, you might have toggled it by accident (while sneaking or something).

Try holding the shift key when you click a stack. You'll grab the whole pile without the prompt coming up at all. I had the same problem, and after I did this once, the next stack was normal.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:15 pm
Coconuts
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, I'll have to try that for quick pick ups.

I seem to have solved the problem...thought it was one of my mods so I took out a couple, then went into the game and tried it. After taking out the mods the stacks were normal, and then as I put them back in they stayed normal. Whatever....

Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:18 pm

Shift left click on stack will pick up all of the stack.
Ctl left click on stack will pick up one from the stack (useful sometimes because I don't like the slide bar thingy).

It would've been nice if the manual pointed this out.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:52 am

Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Now THIS was helpfull!! I too has encountered this problem, but thought it was a bug. I once sold 270 arrows one by one. Was a bit short of cash...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:31 pm
L_U_D_W_I_G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This happened to me once, but it just seemed to go away eventually... Maybe I just had the CapsLock on or something? Hmmm... I'm not sure - I too was forced to pick up a lot of crap one by one (a stack of 200 gold, actually.) That was dumb.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:19 pm