Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Anyone from the United States have the English NOTR yet?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Anyone from the United States have the English NOTR yet?

I was just wondering if anyone from the US has imported a copy of the English NOTR yet. I would like to know how I could go about doing this.

Also, has anyone heard if there will ever be a version released in the US?
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:20 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

The only differance between the American Gothic 2 retail game and the English one, is the places there brought, one in england one in america, other than that there the same and I strongly suspect if you imported a NOTR from Bontonland.cz it would work just as well as it does with the english ones!

Just check for me if you can, your version is 1.37? I think thats the version that any english version of gothic is on as they didnt release any patches for it.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:07 am
Beef Bungalow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Hagen
The only differance between the American Gothic 2 retail game and the English one, is the places there brought, one in england one in america, other than that there the same and I strongly suspect if you imported a NOTR from Bontonland.cz it would work just as well as it does with the english ones!

Just check for me if you can, your version is 1.37? I think thats the version that any english version of gothic is on as they didnt release any patches for it.

I have the American version 1.32. Is this going to make any difference?
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:38 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

How do I go about getting it from Bontonland.cz? Do you know if they accept PayPal?

Anyone know of any other potential places to get it from?

Why the hell did they release an English version in countries where English isn't even the main language?? When are they going to release it in the UK or US?
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:16 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

UK Gothic 2 is version 1.31 and the add-on will work on it fine.
US Gothic 2 is version 1.32 and it is unknown if the add-on will work.

The difference in the two version is very little, but to get the add-on to install, it may install with no problems, or just edit the registry to make the add-on install over the version. US-->UK version number 1.32 -->1.31. It is unknown.

Go to the www.Bontonland.cz website. Click on the little round UK flag up in the upper left hand corner to make the site in English to read.

Search and find the add-on. Buy using a credit card or bank transfer. I did not see an option for PayPal. http://www.bontonland.cz/jak_nakupovat.php?PHPSESSID=bb6a6508a388864035a5074195b474ca#jp

Tip: if you and a friend want to buy together two copies, save big money on the postage which is more than the game by getting them both in one order (postage is the same).

quote:
Why the hell did they release an English version in countries where English isn't even the main language?? When are they going to release it in the UK or US?

Never. You can thank ATARI for that one. They decided to go console games such as that pile called DRIV3R III years ago instead of publishing this million dollars add-on in the English territorys. They hold the liscene. You must go through the back door to get a copy.

quote:
Anyone know of any other potential places to get it from?

Well, Italy ships worldwide but that version has Italian text with English voice. The Hungarian country does not ship it outside thier country (too bad, they miss out on alot of money). Thus Czech is the best one to buy from. Their stock runs out quick, they have sold many copies. Takes about a month to get it.

http://www.bontonland.cz/hry/rpg/Gothic-2-Night-of-the-Raven-100094.html

Oh man, they are out of stock again. I just order two more copies a few days ago and the website said shipping in 24 hours. Then I got an e-mail saying ship when back in stock. I hope they still can ship worldwide unless some goverment complained about it (EU goofy trade rules).

I think it is just they are selling huge quantity of the game. If ten people here posted they bought the game -then at least hundreds probably order a copy too (they just never post on this forum).

quote:
English Gothic 2 NotR Expansion is here! Xerxes 18.09. 2005 05:39
This is the "English voice" and text add-on that will work 100% with the UK English Gothic 2 original game. It enhances the original game greatly, and it is in FULL English! So go for it and buy it today. After two years this is the official English add-on ''Night of the Raven'' for the English Gothic 2. Worldwide shipping too. Great company. Thanks!

I did too good of job selling it on all the forums. They can't keep up with the orders .
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:42 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Yes, I just checked also and they seem to be out of stock at the moment.
I must have a copy!! I have the UK and the US versions of Gothic 2 as well as the German version of NOTR. I enjoyed playing the game with the English translation mod but I would enjoy it even more If I had a full english version.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:48 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Addon works with USA version 1.32 -- its the version I have been using to play it (the German version + translation mod that is)
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:56 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks Elkston, I forgot you also did mention it worked with your US version.

JDR13, the official English add-on, the voice sound is much better quality than that hack version going around the Net. Also the official version does not stutter since the voice files are organized better.

EDIT:
quote:
The Addon works with USA version 1.32 -- its the version I have been using to play it (the German version + translation mod that is)

Do you mean the International English Add-on or the German Add-on?

He wants to know if the English Czech Add-on will work on the US version 1.32.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:12 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

It doesn't matter because I have both the US and UK versions of Gothic 2.

What 'hacked' version are you talking about? I never heard of it.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:42 am