Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dark Age of Camelot: destroys this game!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
the-skull-king
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i got it yesterday morning.. and OMG is it good. massive world, 3 realms to choose from that are ALL at battle with each other. the elves the vikings and camelot. each realm has 5 or 6 different classes of characters you can be. totally customisable with looks and male or female.

the game is sick i tell you! its massive. and at 10am there was already over 20,000 people logged on.

i played the game for 11 straight hours only to take a half an hour break. hehe..

if you think this game is good (gothic) then you should check out DAoC. its blows the hell out of this game. and its a MMORPG so you can find tons of people to team with to go hunt monsters, do quests or raid the other realms.

and this game has the best AI i have seen. very smart computers. and very random events. its damn good.

and the first month is free!

anyway.. this will be my last post here.. because this game sucked and i found one thats way better to play.

so long. and good luck to all of you that arent the fanboy suckers. my heart bleeds for you *wink*
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:15 pm

Yes ... a true sign of a genius is one who compares a repetitive, kill-gain level-kill-gain level-kill-gain level MMORPG to a single player action/adventure oriented RPG.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:19 pm

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah real stupid to compare it...and MMORPG's are games that you even pay for every month..NOT with gothic...it's a completely other game..you should be comparing Camelot with Eq but not here.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:10 pm
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well its net based so I dont really care with my 28k, last thing I can afford is a cable modem and forking out more just to play a game on the net.

Yes, financial independence from your parents does have some draw backs.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:46 pm
Uziel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have to say, the world would be a better place without excitable people. Guys who give blanket statements about something they've played for 2 hours are probably the same ones who cum in the first minute of sex.

I played DAOC to level 35 in Midgard and 30 in Albion. The game is fine until level 30. After that the quests disappear, the dungeons disappear, and all that's left is RVR which needs a LOT of work to maintain the interest of someone for 20 levels.

Finally I'd like to say that any moron who compares a MMORPG to a RPG should receive a large enema of old Wizardry, Bard's Tale and Ultima titles. Duh? Duh.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:04 pm

I played 2 characters, a thane and a nightshade (I think thats what he was called). my thane until level 13 and the other guy until level 9. I just played my free month. The game is extremely empty...it needs items very badly and a larger assortment of available weapons. Your kind of screwed on the weapon aspect though because in order to be successfull either pvm or rvr you need to specialize in a single weapon or your pretty much dead. At any given level there is normally only a single weapon that would con yellow and a single that would con blue. I chose a 2h hammer for my thane. Thats it..2 handed hammer. I never found any special hammer that I could weild that was magical or enchanted..I weilded the exact same weapon as every single other character who specialized in 2h hammers pretty much. No individuality there.... no strategy or skill either. everybody is the same.

they really need to increase their item database.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:41 pm

Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah ITS SOOO COOL its like Anarchy Online, which is like Everquest, with is kinda like Asheron's Call, which is a 3D version of Ultima Online which was is alot like Meridian 59.

I might add MMORPG aren't like RPG's cause THEY HAVE NO STORY. You go around attacking rats for 19 hours till you can buy pants then kill a pantless guy and kill bigger rats for 19 hours till you can buy a sword etc.....
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:48 pm
wickedkae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

LOL...you think DoAC is better than Gothic, dude youa re fucken moron. that is a piece of shit repitiave lame ass game. sheeeeit the graphics are horrible, how could you EVER go from Gothic to DoAC. DoAC is absolute shit. But people like you need to play brainless games like that
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 3:22 am
Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I wonder if Dark Age of Camelot is remotely like Ever Crack became...

I played the latter for more than a year, and I went cold Turkey on that addiction. (To great reliefe of my gf). But all there was, was sit, wait, hit monster, share loot, or grab loot with your group, sit, wait, etc.

Just no more story line, and quests that gave you BAD factions with other groups, which made you killed on sight when they saw you.

Not realistic when you are level 20, and get killed in ONE hit by a guard. Oh well, its the same at the beginnig of Gothic, but then again, you're a total newbie .

Khalistro
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:45 am

The DAoC developers seem to be extremely dedicated to the game and since release they have added and fixed ALOT of things. A storyline will be integrated in the game at some point. This is the whole idea with MMORPGs, to make them evolve over time. DAoC definitively seem to be the best in this genre and to say its shit would be quite silly when considering how many who play it (and like it)

Not that I think Gothic and DAoC should be compared... I'm just tired of people saying that groundbrakeing games are shit. DAoC and Gothic are totally diffrent genres and Gothic is definitely one of the best in its genre. (yes I consider singleplayer-RPGs and MMORPG's different genres)
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:42 am

fni
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How stupid can you get. You can't compare a mmorpg with a normal single player rpg.

What I can't understand is why you feel that you have to post somthing like that here, is it maybe because you deep inside fell that you have baught the wrong game.

Gothic rules
Haven't tried DAoC, prolly won't either.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:56 am

Camelot sucks! We've cancelled 4 accounts. It is far too derivative and a bug-filled nerf-fest. Read this article here on the growing player resentment: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=20364721&page=1
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 6:04 pm