Usergroups
Fire Lizard Location Please
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Kayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ive been across the map 50 times and cant remember where i saw the fire lizards. i know there were 3 near a shipwreck, but i cant remember where the shipwreck is at. im in chapter 4. also is anyone else having this problem: every so often when i hit something it does absolutely no damage. for instance. my level 22 char attacks a standard lizard and i hit several times and the power bar would not move. if i step back and hit, it might strike, and it might not. it also happens on raptors and a few others. especially swamp sharks. i cant semm to do any damage to them at all. im using a longsword.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 4:18 am
Kayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

one more thing, can i finish without using a bow, or putting points into dex? im a templar and prefer to play the game using only a sword and brotherhood spells. (exception Fire Golems)
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 4:21 am

The fire lizards plus shipwreck can be found behind the hill/mountain that the sect temple/camp is near. The easy way to find it is to go to the right of the temple from the temple courtyard, swim through the water around the mountain, and continue past the old mineshaft-bit with skeletons, you should see the shipwreck pretty quick.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:26 am

Kayne, your "problem" with not hurting monsters is because they also (like you) can block your strikes (like if you press alt-back arrow, you'll block)
so the monster is just doing that. when you fight against skeletons or orc dogs you'll notice they block alot.
you'll have to change the rhythm of your strikes / fighting style in order to strike thru their defenses.
(it's kinda weird that a fucking orc dog can block a 2 handed great axe..)
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:27 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Make sure you allways carry a ranged weapon and some ammo. A weak one will do.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:02 pm
Kayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah i figured that they were blocking, but they are doing an insane amount of blocking. which leads me to another question. does dexterity play ANY role in regards to sword-handling? also, are there beasties that are only wounded by a two-handed weapon? and i guess i should have said that when i say i want to rely on brotherhood spells and a sword i should have said i will not use any other weapons besides a sword and a blunt weapon. can i make it without even carrying a bow? and in regards to spells, i have just defeated the 3 Golems at the entrance to the necromancer. do i need to still have fire and cold capability? what im trying to say is that im trying to honor the code of the brotherhood.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:52 pm
Lord Victor Prairie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I always carry a pretty good crossbow, and I kill those damn beasts /like orc dogs and lizards/ with her...
And you can find fire lizards at the shipwreck near the ruined monastery or at the orc lands, near Xardas' tower...
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:21 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You will need a bow or crossbow later in the game to get past some obstacules.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:41 pm