Sequel
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
SpykiE83
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey guys,
I work at an EB store here in the U.S. in New Jersey and to tell you the truth, i don't think the company did a good job of advertising for the game at all. In fact i havent seen anything for Gothic so far. We recieved about 4 copies of the game in on the 20th and i managed to sneak one out that night to play at my house and i loved the game since then(beaten it already of course). But when we put the game out, it was not out by the new releases, it was towards the back of the store where all the other hot releases are, however not up front. And like i said, we only recieved 4. But i came back 2 days later to work and we were sold out....so i dunno how the sales for it could be going. Just wanted to let you guys know....later!

-=SpykiE=-

Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:34 am
Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

that's sad ! this game is in my opinion the best single player RPG, the cool thing is that unlike online games you don't have to pay month after month to play an awesome RPG!

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:37 am
wickedkae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

it would be very sad to see such a ground breaking game disappear. I have to agree that there is almost no advertising for this game, but i aslo have a question. It was released in Germany forst right, how did it do there? Do they even really need good sales here in america to keept he game afloat. The North American market may have just been something they really didnt care too much about. I dunno, as long as they make some profit over here, even if its not great, if it did well over seas then theres no reason why a Gothic 2 wont come out and eventually make it over here to North America, especially if there is a nice following that has devolped over here.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 8:11 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There are no official sales numbers. The German marketing sort of sucked. That explains the deal with JoWood. JoWood is not only producer and publisher, they are also the biggest wholesaler in Germany.

Gothic was in some sales hit-lists for a few weeks, so I think itīs safe to say it was no flop. But it definitely was no huge hit.

I hope PB/Phenomedia will make a lot of money with the sequel.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 12:51 pm
Darksharp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

see my post: "Pirahnna Bytes: you guys need to.."

[ This Message was edited by: Darksharp on 2001-12-02 10:23 ]
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:22 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2