FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 12 matches
  Topic: More & More RPG's having monsters level up same as playe
Wysardry

Replies: 7
Views: 275

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:27 pm   Subject: More & More RPG's having monsters level up same as playe
It makes perfect sense to me for enemies to gain levels over time if the player character does. What doesn't make sense is to expect enemies to stand around doing nothing whilst you are killing things ...
  Topic: Anyone gonna make any cool rpg's?
Wysardry

Replies: 3
Views: 143

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:14 pm   Subject: Anyone gonna make any cool rpg's?
(Hopefully this will get moved to the CRPG forum)

Every man/boy and his dog wants to make a CRPG or MMORPG, regardless of whether they have any previous experience with game programming.

Very fe ...
  Topic: Baldurs Gate Or Diablo? Which Is Best?
Wysardry

Replies: 17
Views: 1080

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:01 pm   Subject: Baldurs Gate Or Diablo? Which Is Best?
And this is related to adventure games how?
  Topic: Favourite RPGs, as nominated by YOU!
Wysardry

Replies: 82
Views: 6273

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:12 pm   Subject: Favourite RPGs, as nominated by YOU!
Just an update on my previous post: I have now played Morrowind for several hours, and despite not liking some of the changes made since Daggerfall, I still believe it is a cut above most modern alter ...
  Topic: Whats your favorite game?
Wysardry

Replies: 42
Views: 6311

Post image iconForum: Adventure Games   Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:17 am   Subject: Whats your favorite game?
That's a tough one.

The original Zork trilogy, the Infocom "Sorcerer" trilogy or perhaps Level 9's Snowball are my favourites. If I absolutely had to choose one, it would probably be Sorcerer, as b ...
  Topic: Aren’t Adventure games dead?
Wysardry

Replies: 12
Views: 1835

Post image iconForum: Adventure Games   Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:11 am   Subject: Aren’t Adventure games dead?
I agree with MoonDragon.

I started to lose interest in commercial adventure games when they started to become less of a challenge. After playing text adventures by Level 9 and Infocom, the later gr ...
  Topic: First the dodo bird, now rpgs
Wysardry

Replies: 42
Views: 859

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:18 pm   Subject: First the dodo bird, now rpgs
Dearth? Nice spelling. People are going to think you are slow if you continue to spell like that.
Er, what's wrong with spelling [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dearth]dearth like tha ...
  Topic: Might and Magic 1-8(4&5 counted as one)
Wysardry

Views: 428

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:54 pm   Subject: Might and Magic 1-8(4&5 counted as one)
Let's hope that Ubisoft release MMX a little early then.
  Topic: Might and Magic 1-8(4&5 counted as one)
Wysardry

Views: 428

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:51 pm   Subject: Might and Magic 1-8(4&5 counted as one)
I haven't played the entire MM series yet, but I would place MM VI above MM VII, as the latter was shorter/smaller and the skill system more restrictive.

A group of fans are worked on an independan ...
  Topic: Death of the single player rpg not exaggerated this time?
Wysardry

Replies: 27
Views: 1040

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:04 pm   Subject: Death of the single player rpg not exaggerated this time?
Well, if these few games are bigger, better and more challenging than last year's offerings, one or two should last the entire year.

Maybe someone has finally made the game itself more important th ...
  Topic: Favourite RPGs, as nominated by YOU!
Wysardry

Replies: 82
Views: 6273

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:46 pm   Subject: Favourite RPGs, as nominated by YOU!
I chose the Elder Scrolls series, but have only played Daggerfall, as I've heard mixed opinions on Morrowind, plus I've only recently upgraded my PC enough for it to be possible to play it.
  Topic: Philosophy of RPGs: Combat and "Levelling Up"
Wysardry

Replies: 38
Views: 1235

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:40 pm   Subject: Philosophy of RPGs: Combat and "Levelling Up"
The best system I've seen so far is that used in Daggerfall, which is based on skills, yet also has experience levels.

Experience is gained from using your primary and major skills, which means tha ...

Page 1 of 1