FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 26 matches
  Topic: Gothic 2 Big Error (marketing)
ballistic

Replies: 33
Views: 925

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:13 pm   Subject: Gothic 2 Big Error (marketing)
Well, I can see how some people could be affected by these things in a game. That's their private business. Not to mention violence, demons, magic, pretending to be a gnome barbarian in DnD games, a ...
  Topic: Gothic 2 Big Error (marketing)
ballistic

Replies: 33
Views: 925

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:03 am   Subject: Gothic 2 Big Error (marketing)
Reasons? Weak publisher. Xicat, right?! That's all. I found a copy of Gothic, almost by accident, in a tattered cardboard box in the back of a CompUsa store, for pete's sakes. As a game it was pr ...
  Topic: Paradise Cracked Available in the US
ballistic

Replies: 6
Views: 183

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:01 pm   Subject: Paradise Cracked Available in the US
thanks, Vid. will probably pick it up. it's budget priced here as well.

(as for ufo:afermath, I was a huge x-com fan, and I've kept an eye on UFO:A for some time, but, personally, it doesn't seem ...
  Topic: Paradise Cracked Available in the US
ballistic

Replies: 6
Views: 183

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:13 pm   Subject: Paradise Cracked Available in the US
Vid,

what game in terms of gameplay would this be comparable to? x-com? JA? I've been looking for a decent (nah, make it ANY) tactical turn-based game along those line with a sci-fi bend. (ToEE ...
  Topic: Planescape: Torment - Gamespy's 9th Most Underrated
ballistic

Replies: 21
Views: 944

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:51 am   Subject: awesome game
Yeah, PS:T was a great game. Well written dialog was just one of the many good things about this game. NPCs, quests, factions, combat, magical tattoos, etc, etc, One of a kind. always hoped for a s ...
  Topic: NWN - the worst game I ever played
ballistic

Replies: 29
Views: 794

Post image iconForum: Neverwinter Nights - General   Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:53 am   Subject: NWN - the worst game I ever played

But this piece of garbage is a smelly submediocre product I don't want to hear about ever in my life.

smelly?
  Topic: A not-so-positive review of Gothic2 in danish computer mag..
ballistic

Replies: 31
Views: 741

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:08 am   Subject: A not-so-positive review of Gothic2 in danish computer mag..
I must admit that it's wierd for me to see you people praising this game as if there's nothing wrong with it. This game has so many flaws, and yet you people overlook them. I don't understand you when ...
  Topic: hi from the developers
ballistic

Replies: 263
Views: 24369

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:21 am   Subject: hi from the developers
if that suggestion above about choosing gods/other factions ever gets implemented in Gothic 3, that would be awesome!!! I kinda guess you have to pick and choose what you can do within budget and sch ...
  Topic: Almost zero female characters
ballistic

Replies: 27
Views: 896

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:26 am   Subject: Almost zero female characters
the Gothic's gameworld is very different from the D&D inspired gameworld such as in Baldur's Gate. so, I dont' think the comparison is warranted. Gothic's gameworld is a harsh, realistic and edg ...
  Topic: Gothic's future - speculations, what we know, and a wish
ballistic

Replies: 18
Views: 458

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:54 pm   Subject: Gothic's future - speculations, what we know, and a wish
As much as I'm enjoying Gothic 2... I, for one, hope they go back to the Gothic 1 feel in Gothic 3. Just a lot of factions that scheme against each other. Including the orcs and the demons. The pla ...
  Topic: UK Computer Mag reviews of Gothic 2
ballistic

Replies: 46
Views: 1266

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:14 pm   Subject: UK Computer Mag reviews of Gothic 2
to be honest I never thought of Gothic as an RPG in the same sense as, say Fallout or Morrowind which are arguably more free form. if I had to peg it, I'd call it 'an adventure with RPG elements'. a ...
  Topic: Did Gothic 2 live up to the hype? Everyones expectation met?
ballistic

Replies: 24
Views: 863

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:38 pm   Subject: Did Gothic 2 live up to the hype? Everyones expectation met?
first off I think Gothic 2 is an amazing one-of-a-kind game just like Gothic 1 was. I voted the second choice from the top, but, it's really just a notch below 'the best ever'.

I didn't really h ...
  Topic: GoGamer.com USA ships on 6-16 and I got G2 for FREE!
ballistic

Replies: 67
Views: 3116

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:47 am   Subject: GoGamer.com USA ships on 6-16 and I got G2 for FREE!
got mine, and even played it a bit. HA! west coast
  Topic: Hmm
ballistic

Replies: 2
Views: 89

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:08 am   Subject: Hmm
umm, alright, but who exactly are you agreeing with? or are you talking to yourself. btw, the Gothic2 forum is 2 floors up
  Topic: Gothic Sucks
ballistic

Replies: 34
Views: 1319

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:39 am   Subject: Gothic Sucks
Well, different strokes for different folks.
There is a sort of grit and irreverence in the world that you just don't see in many games. When you talk to the NPCs, you get the feeling that th ...

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next