Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 14 matches
  Topic: FOR FRENCH PLAYERS (sorry for others)
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 6
Views: 155

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:44 pm   Subject: FOR FRENCH PLAYERS (sorry for others)
I agree, post here. Don't worry about your English grammar. People will figure out what you mean.

I can do a little Italian, German and Latin. But I'm an American. We are almost always horrible ...
  Topic: what is wizzardery 8
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 8
Views: 179

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:35 pm   Subject: what is wizzardery 8
Wizardry 8 is just like CRACK COCAINE.

It's a complex, turn-based rpg. The strategy is in mastering battle tactics for each of the multitude of enemies you'll run into AND in slowley crafting your ...
  Topic: Newbie, Looking for best Party
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 14
Views: 390

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:11 pm   Subject: Newbie, Looking for best Party
In case you're interested, here are some party tips that will save you annoyance.

Concern #1 Cash
Answer: get a character with Alchemy (alchemist, bishop, ranger or ninja). You'll be mixing an ...
  Topic: Gadgeteer ???
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 12
Views: 422

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:31 pm   Subject: Gadgeteer ???
I don't remember the female-only stamina necklace being very good. I think it only adds +1 stamina per round. That's not any help in battle! There are much more important items to put in one of you ...
  Topic: Doing Not Nice Things
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 17
Views: 479

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:14 pm   Subject: Doing Not Nice Things
Dan, that's funny! Did you read Rattus's note before you handed it to the bank teller?

And, if you push the right button behind the bank teller you will get access to the personal vaults without b ...
  Topic: Shoplifting
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 5
Views: 197

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:02 pm   Subject: Shoplifting
I think the patch was a Sir-Tech mistake. They shouldn't have completely kyboshed pickpocket like they did. Now people seem to have zero interest in boosting that skill. That can't be what they int ...
  Topic: my team. any suggestions?
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 14
Views: 314

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:54 pm   Subject: my team. any suggestions?
Yeah, you're party is fine. You can win with almost any party - you just have to use the right tactics.

With your magic heavy party, consider picking up Vi and RFS. Some people claim that NPCs dr ...
  Topic: Your tips for new alternative party
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 50
Views: 1331

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:09 am   Subject: Your tips for new alternative party
Easiest Party so far (and by easiest I mean stomping through the game with the least resistance)- arrange a broad front line so everyone but the bishop and ranger can attack with melee weapons:

-Ho ...
  Topic: Communication
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 10
Views: 341

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:41 am   Subject: Communication
Yeah, you're right, it wasn't a spoiler. I think I intended to give more away, but never got around to it.

I have a thousand tips that I've learned playing several different parties. The game is ...
  Topic: Does anyone wish high-tech never entered Wizardry?
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 6
Views: 315

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:38 pm   Subject: Does anyone wish high-tech never entered Wizardry?
I agree - the high tech is fine. At first I was put off, but it adds to the quirkiness of the game - and there is no real reason why tech can't exist alongside magic. If you've suspended disbelief e ...
  Topic: Questions About Thieves Dagger
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 5
Views: 301

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:26 pm   Subject: Questions About Thieves Dagger
Yeah, I've never seen a thieves dagger that wasn't cursed. It was the off-hand weapon of my thief-tank for the longest time - with bloodlust as the main weapon. It's a sweet little dagger! Some peo ...
  Topic: Communication
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 10
Views: 341

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:17 pm   Subject: Communication
As was said, communication is primarily useful to get you better prices when you buy and sell stuff.

Never bother with it! If you have an alchemist/ninja/bishop/ranger then you'll be rolling in th ...
  Topic: Races - your tips for best race - profession combination
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 16
Views: 771

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:12 pm   Subject: Races - your tips for best race - profession combination
Always make your Ranger a Mook.

They make fantastic rangers to begin with but the main reason is...

spoiler
The giant sword that you can pick up f ...
  Topic: Cane of Corpus woes
Fwang Thunk

Replies: 29
Views: 930

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:59 pm   Subject: Cane of Corpus woes
Everyone is right! To sum up: The Cane of Corpus is possibly the best weapon in the game. Only a Faerie Ninja can use it (and it is the ONLY reason to make a Faerie Ninja).

The curse is OK, becau ...

Page 1 of 1