Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 13 matches
  Topic: What's up with the meager graphics?
TheSmJ

Replies: 64
Views: 2205

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:43 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
10-17 FPS is about what I am getting, only unless your used to such a slow speed, its really not that great. The norm for a game (IMO) is about 30-45 FPS.
  Topic: Ranged/Magic to weak vs Melee?
TheSmJ

Replies: 6
Views: 301

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:21 pm   Subject: Ranged/Magic to weak vs Melee?
I used to think this too (my main character is an archer) but once his' and my mage's skill levels went up, they made more and more of an effect on the outcome of a battle.

Archers and mages are v ...
  Topic: Does a packmule count as a character?
TheSmJ

Replies: 8
Views: 276

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:42 pm   Subject: Does a packmule count as a character?
Wow... sounds liek I should get rid of the mule and get another actual character...

ANy ideas on what combo would make the best party? I have 1 Archer (13 points) one Nature mage (7 I think, got h ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:34 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
WEll, I've got a GF2 MX400 64MB, and I get around 10 FPS in-game with 8X4X32, Bilinear, low detail.

My CPU is a Duron 900, and from what I have seen in the charts at Anandtech, its got a LOT of li ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:15 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
Huzzah Llama!

BTW, I have read in a couple articles that the engine is DX 7.0, so other than speed, the video card wont make a diff beyond the Geforce 2 or equivalant.

BTW, who here is gona ...
  Topic: Does a packmule count as a character?
TheSmJ

Views: 276

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:04 pm   Subject: Does a packmule count as a character?
How did you manage that??? I barly made it through the dwarven mines without throwing things away, and I had 6 characters and 2 mules.
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:25 am   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
Well, while I admit the 8500 has better quality graphics compared to the G4, every test I have seen, EVERY test, the higher G4s (the upcoming 4200, and up) beat the 8500 hands down on all tests, every ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:56 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
Llama,

Where have you heard about the 8500 having the ability to run DX9 with nothing but a driver upgrade? I have been reading about the card for a week, and never read anything about it being DX ...
  Topic: What Processor are you Using ?
TheSmJ

Replies: 13
Views: 400

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:34 pm   Subject: What Processor are you Using ?
AMD Duron (900 OCed to 1050 using pencil trick, of corse)

This processor was deffinatly the best bang for my buck!
  Topic: Do you play tabletop roleplaying
TheSmJ

Views: 254

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:30 pm   Subject: TheSmJ
A good friend of mine took me to one of the stores in the mall to play Warhammer 40K (just like warhammer, but the units are aliens, Humans, etc, really reminded me of StarCraft, only tabletop) The ga ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:16 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
Well, in that case, is there any possibility that these features will be added? I realise that even the possibility of this is far off, but as I said before, this IS a Microsoft produced game, you wou ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:51 pm   Subject: What's up with the meager graphics?
I'd have to check later tonight (I'm not at home right now) but I beleve I am also missing some of the effects the screenshots show. It also could be that the screenshots were taken with a card that a ...
TheSmJ

Post image iconForum: Dungeon Siege   Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:20 pm   Subject: I think I know the answer
I beleve the problem you are having with what appears to be bad graphics, is in fact nothing to do with bad drivers, but rather the fact that the GeForce 2, and all chips in the GeForce 2 family (incl ...

Page 1 of 1