FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 24 matches
  Topic: Gothic...a bit sexist??
Velnias

Replies: 78
Views: 2093

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:43 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
Reality is something very personal, and in my reality, generalizations are wrong.
Generalizations may be wrong, but stereotypes come about for a reason. Mankind didn't just wake up one day and say, " ...
  Topic: Ugh. The ponytail is staying?
Velnias

Replies: 28
Views: 772

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:01 pm   Subject: Ugh. The ponytail is staying?
complain about a release-delay, not a ponytail

The release delay doesn't concern me; after all, it will eventually hit stores, and I will then be able to play it.

However, I'm stuck with that p ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:47 pm   Subject: Ugh. The ponytail is staying?
It's a ponytail, man. What can be so bad about that?
The fact that they weren't able to make it look good at all. In Gothic 1, it's a triangle stuck to the back of the hero's he ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:30 pm   Subject: Ugh. The ponytail is staying?
I thought I read that the devs were going to do away with that silly ponytail? However, looking at the screenshots of the newest preview, that doesn't seem to be the case. That awful ponytail is one o ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:27 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
If we are talking purely historically then how do we explain Joan of Arc, she did some pretty hefty stuff by all accounts. Then there are the Amazonians. These would be real life examples

But w ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:26 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
Am I to take it that you see Gothic as non-fiction?
Heh. No.

We were discussing the impact real world medieval culture had on Gothic, however, and so I had assumed we were keeping t ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:41 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
Just to throw a stick in the mix...

Anyone ever heard of Brunhilde? or the Valkyries?

Im sure they are from German folklore, but could be wrong :O)
The real Brunhilde did a bunch of political m ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:12 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
there have been written that it's close tho the real medieval. that isn't really correct, but in this time women really didn't fight and where social far under the men.
If you'll read the actual word ...
  Topic: Scariest/Creepiest Creature in Gothic!!!!
Velnias

Replies: 36
Views: 1101

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:56 pm   Subject: Scariest/Creepiest Creature in Gothic!!!!
I have to go with Shadowbeasts. Forests are scary enough as it is, and these things hulking around in them are quite unsettling to run across.
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:45 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
1. The game takes place in a medieval environment based heavily on our own (Europe), socially speaking.

2. Gender equality was non-existant in medieval times for a plethora of reasons.

3. It's ...
Velnias

Post image iconForum: Gothic - General   Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:17 pm   Subject: Gothic...a bit sexist??
I fear the day when realism and logic are labeled taboo in the name of Political Correctness.
  Topic: The Hero, from Gothic I to Gothic II (rambling)
Velnias

Replies: 44
Views: 1392

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:10 pm   Subject: The Hero, from Gothic I to Gothic II (rambling)
one more thing though, when we finally get to play gothic2, does it mean we have to do everything over again? i mean..is the player just like in the start of g1 unexperienced with everything? so when ...
  Topic: Where are two handed weapons (swords) sold?
Velnias

Replies: 25
Views: 477

Post image iconForum: Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks   Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:40 pm   Subject: Where are two handed weapons (swords) sold?
"]
I can't believe you can't even get a two-hander, that you have to resort to a forum.

You're right. I lack your l33tness. I didn't know there was a rusty two hander in a chest by Stone. I suck.
  Topic: The Hero, from Gothic I to Gothic II (rambling)
Velnias

Replies: 44
Views: 1392

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:30 pm   Subject: The Hero, from Gothic I to Gothic II (rambling)
When I first heard that we would be playing the same character in the sequel, I was a little skeptical. I was fearful they'd use the rather old and tired amnesia gimmick to power down the player, and ...
  Topic: Where are two handed weapons (swords) sold?
Velnias

Replies: 25
Views: 477

Post image iconForum: Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks   Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:56 pm   Subject: Where are two handed weapons (swords) sold?
"]
Ummm... you're very wrong there, Gomez's stuff has jacksh*t in it to get, you only get crappy coins and stuff like that
Heh, you missed quite a bit, then. There's three floors of chests past the ...

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next