FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 12 matches
  Topic: Gothic 2 crashes or quits to windows
sismondo

Replies: 17
Views: 825

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:35 am   Subject: Gothic 2 crashes or quits to windows
These are the exactley the type of errors I was getting, only in the city though. Got to chapter 4, there is no other zone that crashes for me but the city.
  Topic: Game crashes in city, even when paused, after 15-20 minutes
sismondo

Replies: 5
Views: 190

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:16 am   Subject: Game crashes in city, even when paused, after 15-20 minutes
I tried an experiment, which was to run gothic 2 after it crashed. When I loaded the saved game, it garnered an unreferenced object read error (c++ object instantiation error) from gothic 2. I think ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:14 am   Subject: Game crashes in city, even when paused, after 15-20 minutes
I did as you suggested, very neat program prime95 btw, but anyways, I ran several tests, jacked up a custom memory test (worked out fine) and a brutal cpu test whiel running several other high end dev ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:30 am   Subject: Game crashes in city, even when paused, after 15-20 minutes
Heats fine (checked it), I play plenty of intensive games on the box, no problems. Plus, this is a memory error that's crashing out as specefied, I can go righ tback to playing gothic for another 15- ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:11 am   Subject: Game crashes in city, even when paused, after 15-20 minutes
Hit Esc and let the menu sit at the city, I get this crash after 15-20 minutes consistently.

======================================= UNHANDLED EXCEPTION OCCURED ================================== ...
  Topic: Game crashes to windows in city
sismondo

Replies: 8
Views: 194

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:34 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
======================================= UNHANDLED EXCEPTION OCCURED ======================================================
======================================= CRASH INFOS: ======================= ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:07 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
Game still crashes, however less frequently after adjustments.
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:10 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
So, I may have been able to fix the problem. I increased the cache values for texture and sound memory (Figured the city has the most flying through it). I also set the flashing polygon flag to 0. ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:27 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
Okay, regressed to 8.1b,
regressed nvidia drivers
updated all XP patches

Still get the error. Before teh nvidia upgrade, I still got:

//======================UNHANDLED EXCEPTION============== ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:33 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
Where would I find a version of directx 8? They don't have it on the directx site...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:26 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
I do have directX9b, are there problems with that?

It crashes in the city outside night and outside conversation, as I have recently discovered.

That eliminates sound, no programs are in the bac ...
sismondo

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:57 am   Subject: Game crashes to windows in city
Been playing only for a little while, but it's been crashing to windows when I'm talking to an NPC at night in the city, generally in the middle of a conversation.

Hardware spec:
2.6 Gz, 1 gig m ...

Page 1 of 1