FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 364 matches
  Topic: Avernum 4: Review & Interview @ GamerDad
txa1265

Replies: 1
Views: 130

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:03 pm   Subject: Avernum 4: Review & Interview @ GamerDad
So ... what does everyone think of the new review format at GamerDad?
  Topic: Spiderweb: View from the Bottom #4 @ RPG Vault
txa1265

Replies: 11
Views: 339

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 am   Subject: Spiderweb: View from the Bottom #4 @ RPG Vault
I don't care about MMO's but I love reading his thoughts ... very interesting perspective on grinding and gold.

Mike
  Topic: Poll Results and New Poll
txa1265

Replies: 15
Views: 591

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:28 pm   Subject: Poll Results and New Poll
I think that targeted scaling is acceptable due to the wide variety of exploration that people do in open games - look at the wide variety of levels people hit Chapter 2 at in Gothic 2, for example.
  Topic: Atari Responds to the Cancellation of NWN Support @ Firing S
txa1265

Replies: 9
Views: 913

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 am   Subject: Atari Responds to the Cancellation of NWN Support @ Firing S
It is a real shame to shoot NWN modules in the foot this way. They seem to be having a decent run. Even if there were no more planned, they could just let them fade away as NWN2 appeared rather than ...
  Topic: ES4: Oblivion - Impossible Wishlist @ IGN
txa1265

Replies: 11
Views: 438

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:29 pm   Subject: ES4: Oblivion - Impossible Wishlist @ IGN
I had some very possible wishes while playing Oblivion that would have made it as good as so many of the drooling fanboy reviews at the major sites seem to think it is ...
  Topic: Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC, Single-Player RPG)
txa1265

Views: 579

Post image iconForum: Games Comments   Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:30 pm   Subject: Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC, Single-Player RPG)
I don't know - how about a new genre label like "Disney RPG"?
Hey - then you're messing with [url=http://www.gamerdad.com/detail.cfm?itemID=2820]Toontown!

Mike
txa1265

Post image iconForum: Games Comments   Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:07 pm   Subject: Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC, Single-Player RPG)
The Gothic comparison bothers me though.

I actually give Fable a good review, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I was just providing some context based on the hype about the game doing everything and b ...
txa1265

Post image iconForum: Games Comments   Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:11 pm   Subject: Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC, Single-Player RPG)
Yup Gothic is my favorite series. I wouldnt compare Fable to that though - and I think the problem most people have with Fable is they can't get beyond that type of comparison. Fable is NOT a real R ...
  Topic: RPGDot Feature: Ultima 5 Lazarus - A Review
txa1265

Replies: 14
Views: 738

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:08 pm   Subject: RPGDot Feature: Ultima 5 Lazarus - A Review
I completely missed all of these games originally, and have only played a bit of Lazarus so far, but I love the review!

Mike
  Topic: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Beta Sign Ups @ Ubisoft
txa1265

Replies: 6
Views: 238

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:36 am   Subject: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Beta Sign Ups @ Ubisoft
Click your link and click the link quoted in the article. They take you to the same place...or at least they took ME to the same place. *shrugs*

Strange .. because one takes me to the Ubi home p ...
  Topic: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Beta Sign Ups @ Ubisoft
txa1265

Replies: 6
Views: 238

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:22 pm   Subject: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Beta Sign Ups @ Ubisoft
The login for the beta is incorrect - click [url=https://secure.ubi.com/login/?lang=en-GB&skin=darkmessiah&NextUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsurveyor.net%2Fwsb.dll%2F15991%2Fdm_beta.htm&_ext_lst=26] ...
  Topic: Gothic III Impressions @ Evil Avatar
txa1265

Replies: 43
Views: 1590

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:07 pm   Subject: Gothic III Impressions @ Evil Avatar
About Gothic II, I agree with txa1265.

Apparently I messed up in my wording, because Gothic II is one of my all-time fave RPG's and getting smacked down like that was one of the reasons I loved it. ...
  Topic: Gothic III Impressions @ Evil Avatar
txa1265

Replies: 43
Views: 1590

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:54 am   Subject: Gothic III Impressions @ Evil Avatar
Personally I still remember my second attempt at Gothic II - the first time I went in swinging and got killed repeatedly by stuff just going to see Lester, and gave up and put it away for a month or s ...
  Topic: NWN: Infinite Dungeons Premium Module Announced
txa1265

Views: 332

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 pm   Subject: NWN: Infinite Dungeons Premium Module Announced
I think that I'll pass on this one. To me, randomly generated dungeons represent the most boring and weakest that the RPG genre has to offer.

They sure can be - look at (PSP) Untold Legends, as we ...
  Topic: NWN: Infinite Dungeons Premium Module Announced
txa1265

Views: 332

Post image iconForum: News Comments   Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:09 pm   Subject: NWN: Infinite Dungeons Premium Module Announced
Looks great - store says it is coming May 24th?

Page 1 of 25 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next