Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 177 matches
  Topic: My Annoyances with Oblivion ( What are yours? )
Ican

Replies: 61
Views: 4237

Post image iconForum: Oblivion - General   Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:53 pm   Subject: My Annoyances with Oblivion ( What are yours? )
I try to buy the maximum training points per level if possible. Gets expensive though. My character is a melee type and I find the one strength related attribute I have a real burden to raise ( blade ...
  Topic: My Annoyances with Oblivion ( What are yours? )
Ican

Replies: 61
Views: 4237

Post image iconForum: Oblivion - General   Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:39 pm   Subject: My Annoyances with Oblivion ( What are yours? )
Out of interest, how many of you are min/maxing skills in this game ? I really wish Bethesda would choose a levelling system that discourages this activity. It detracts from the general gameplay/conte ...
  Topic: Poor Capital Ships...
Ican

Replies: 1
Views: 184

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:07 pm   Subject: Poor Capital Ships...
Weapon tracking/firing speed is sort of borked in X3 - yet another thing they need to patch. HEPTs are particularly bad in the slow moving turrets. May I suggest PACS or even mass drivers instead. The ...
  Topic: Flight School
Ican

Replies: 4
Views: 187

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:54 pm   Subject: Flight School
Actually, I had meant to say don't use the MOUSE for combat ...

The keyboard is OK, I agree ... but I personally prefer a joystick.
  Topic: Flight School
Ican

Replies: 4
Views: 187

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:01 pm   Subject: Flight School
My tip for X3 is dont use the keyboard to fly with. It's workable for non-combat flight, but in furballs .... oh dear me
  Topic: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
Ican

Replies: 16
Views: 474

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:58 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
Lol , but have you seen some of the shields you can get for capital ships ? HUGE ratings. Can't wait till I can afford one and go on the rampage in Xenon lands.
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:16 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
Sounds as if you are rolling along quite nicely now. I've ventured into Xenon sectors too, and agree they are extremely nasty if you aren't properly equipped.

Factories, and commodities in general ...
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:28 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
Hmm ... that must be really frustrating to have it crash so often. Nevermind , patch 1.3 is not meant to be that far away ( originally touted for around the end of November ).
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:48 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
I've been real lucky so far, and haven't suffered even one crash. Touch wood
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:43 am   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
It takes awhile for the economy to settle down into a rhythm. Even then , I agree that making a profit takes more effort than it did in X2. The ships are slower, and the sectors bigger ... but then SE ...
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:25 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
The increased importance of reputation is a facet of X3 that I enjoy. You really have to work hard now at fostering trust to trade effectively ... even the higher Argonian friendship ranks are more di ...
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:28 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
I take it you started out in normal-plot mode then?

For sure, you don't get much to start with. The buster is nice, but as you say it's too slow to out-maneouvre harriers and lacks punch to take o ...
Ican

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:51 pm   Subject: With Wings of Steel the Baron flies again
Well, I'm leading a more sedentary life in X3, hauling large amounts of cargo galaxy-wide in an Argon Super-freighter. The cargo capacity on these things is huge . Makes a Mercury look like a taxi. An ...
  Topic: X3: Early Impressions
Ican

Replies: 19
Views: 793

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:41 pm   Subject: X3: Early Impressions
That's a well-specced PC you have there .... it should be capable of running X3 without any trouble. But, Egosoft certainly need to optimise their code, and thankfully seem to be making inroads on thi ...
  Topic: X3: Early Impressions
Ican

Replies: 19
Views: 793

Post image iconForum: X2 / X3   Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 pm   Subject: X3: Early Impressions
I'm not sure why people would buy X3 for its plot. That's not really the purpose of the game. Its strengths are in providing the player with an "open" universe in which you can do what you wish ( spac ...

Page 1 of 12 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next