FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 10 matches
  Topic: Fallout, I wish I had never played thee
poindexter1985

Replies: 9
Views: 736

Post image iconForum: Fallout   Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:17 am   Subject: Fallout, I wish I had never played thee
Sometimes you need to play some games from a completely different genre in order to remember old loves.

Oh I do. I'm currently half way through Jedi Outcast, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, a ...
  Topic: Fallout, I wish I had never played thee
poindexter1985

Replies: 9
Views: 736

Post image iconForum: Fallout   Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:39 pm   Subject: Fallout, I wish I had never played thee
Once upon a time, I loved RPGs. I loved every single last one I played, be it Final Fantasy on console, Vampire, or action-rpgs like Diablo, I loved them all.

Then I played Fallout (actually, Fall ...
  Topic: What a DISSAPOINTMENT!
poindexter1985

Replies: 44
Views: 2645

Post image iconForum: Knights of the Old Republic   Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm   Subject: What a DISSAPOINTMENT!
I'm in pretty close agreement with Cold_Brains. It's an interesting game, but far too restrictive. A lot of of the choices you supposedly have don't really exist. The only real free choice you have ...
  Topic: Need new Video Card
poindexter1985

Replies: 19
Views: 341

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:27 am   Subject: Need new Video Card
[Edit] I see now that you've already bought yourself a card and, looking at the time stamps, my reply to this thread is way too late. Oh well. [/edit]

If you can manage to swing a Radeon 9600/9600 ...
  Topic: Biggest disappointment
poindexter1985

Replies: 58
Views: 1437

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:00 am   Subject: Biggest disappointment
Most disappointing: Contract JACK. Either that, or Fallout 3 (and the fact that it doesn't exist).

Over-Rated: Gee, where to start... anything GTA, anything Warcraft III, Baldur's Gate 2 (which is ...
  Topic: Voice Actors in Gothic 2
poindexter1985

Replies: 36
Views: 826

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:47 am   Subject: Voice Actors in Gothic 2
Thanks for the clips Jaz, but unfortunately my experience with German is limited to listening to Rammstein in middle school. Not exactly a quality reference point.

And to Daedalus, I think Morrowi ...
poindexter1985

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:35 am   Subject: Voice Actors in Gothic 2
I can't comment on the German versions as I've never played them, and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what they're saying anyway.

There's one voice-actor in particular that is absolutely atrociou ...
poindexter1985

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:54 pm   Subject: Voice Actors in Gothic 2
Ehhh, I found the voice-acting to be pretty universally bad in both games, with the exception of Diego in Gothic 1. I also liked Thorus in Gothic 1 until I heard a ton of others that had the exact sa ...
  Topic: Yet another stuttering video thread
poindexter1985

Replies: 0
Views: 151

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:32 pm   Subject: Yet another stuttering video thread
I managed to find solutions to a couple problems in the FAQ and previous threads, but none of the threads I checked addressed the video issue I'm having. I occasionally get an annoying stutter effect ...
  Topic: Gothic 2 hesitating sometimes...
poindexter1985

Replies: 8
Views: 255

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:32 pm   Subject: Gothic 2 hesitating sometimes...
A Radeon 9600 non-Pro is also rather slow, afaik. Getting a GeForce 4 Ti (4200, 4400, 4600, 4800) would probably the better choice.

9600 Pro easily kills and rapes anything in the GF4 generation, n ...

Page 1 of 1