FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 369 matches
  Topic: good solution to balancing soloing and grouping
vaticide

Replies: 3
Views: 275

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:40 pm   Subject: good solution to balancing soloing and grouping
From what I recall of the Guild Wars beta, Guild Wars has this feature already.
  Topic: Prove to me the MMORPG genre isn't dead :(
vaticide

Replies: 25
Views: 4237

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:01 am   Subject: Prove to me the MMORPG genre isn't dead :(
It is far from dead, it is just going through growing pains. It will take some time for companies to break current models (treadmill) and build better business plans that don't enforce exclusivity (G ...
  Topic: DOFUS subscription
vaticide

Replies: 2
Views: 2357

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:03 pm   Subject: DOFUS subscription
First: avoid double-posting. Second: I'm never going to sign up for anything with a website that re-sizes my browser! grr...
  Topic: What are you reading now?
vaticide

Replies: 132
Views: 4196

Post image iconForum: Books & Movies   Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:36 pm   Subject: What are you reading now?
Right now I'm reading Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon.
That is an awesome title. Sounds like H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomican mixed with codes. Is that cyberpunk like his other book Snow Crash?

Hmm ...
  Topic: Happy Birthday Badger!!
vaticide

Replies: 9
Views: 287

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:11 am   Subject: Happy Birthday Badger!!
Happy birthday, oh stripey one!
  Topic: Magic:the gathering
vaticide

Replies: 12
Views: 369

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:54 pm   Subject: Magic:the gathering
I've played a lot of magic, but I've never had to spend a single cent on it. Being that I live in the city that Wizards of the Coast is based in, I used to be friends with an employee. He would have ...
  Topic: If you thought Tolkien was good....check this out
vaticide

Replies: 12
Views: 467

Post image iconForum: Books & Movies   Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:06 pm   Subject: If you thought Tolkien was good....check this out
Let me put my opinion out here:

On his best day Terry Goodkind can't hold a candle to Tolkien.

The books aren't very good, every time I finished one I had the overwhelming feeling of, "That was ...
  Topic: Wish canceled after 8 days of beta...
vaticide

Replies: 1
Views: 302

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:02 pm   Subject: Wish canceled after 8 days of beta...
http://www.mutablerealms.com/

Crazy... a lot of people are blaming WoW for drawing all of the MMORPG interest these days, but I say there has to have been something seriously wrong with the game to ...
  Topic: Happy Birthday Myrthos
vaticide

Replies: 16
Views: 336

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:57 pm   Subject: Happy Birthday Myrthos
Happy Birthday!
  Topic: The Dot is Back!! But What was it???
vaticide

Replies: 27
Views: 1449

Post image iconForum: RPGDot   Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:47 pm   Subject: The Dot is Back!! But What was it???
I ran a translation of the page, I was able to get part of the meaning, I think. The page was in Portugese, and appeared to be a protest against public ownership of firearms in Brazil. The translati ...
  Topic: How to write a best selling fantasy novel
vaticide

Replies: 5
Views: 159

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:20 am   Subject: How to write a best selling fantasy novel
It only forgot to mention having a magic sword, preferrably a 'Sword of Truth'.

-vaticide
  Topic: movement in game
vaticide

Replies: 1
Views: 234

Post image iconForum: World of Warcraft   Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:00 pm   Subject: movement in game
Hmmm... well, World of Warcraft is a MMORPG where you play a single character, and build it up with experience.

You do use WASD to move around. You cannot build armies to command, but you can make ...
  Topic: Guild Wars is GREAT
vaticide

Replies: 6
Views: 976

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:39 am   Subject: Guild Wars is GREAT
I agree, it seems very much like a joining of Dungeon Siege and Diablo II. I haven't gotten to the PvP portions of the game, which is what they claim is the highpoint. I'm looking forward to that. ...
  Topic: Guild Wars is GREAT
vaticide

Replies: 6
Views: 976

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:50 am   Subject: Guild Wars is GREAT
I will definitely be buying Guild Wars when it comes out. You can play it this weekend during the test, download at www.guildwars.com

There will be no subscription fee to the game... therefore it ...
  Topic: The Greatest Comeback In Sports History!
vaticide

Replies: 16
Views: 619

Post image iconForum: Absolutely Off Topic   Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:34 pm   Subject: The Greatest Comeback In Sports History!
I'd be happier if it was called the 'Greatest Comeback in Baseball History'. Sports would be a little too broad. Consider Lance Armstrong, for one.

Wouldn't it be truly ironic if Boston went up 3 ...

Page 1 of 25 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next