FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 16 matches
  Topic: Taking saved games with me
Negatyfus

Replies: 2
Views: 86

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:28 pm   Subject: Taking saved games with me
I'd be backing my savegames up, completely wiping my harddisk, re-partition, installing the OS again. re-installing Gothic 2 and restoring my savegames. I suspect it won't be a problem, but who knows. ...
  Topic: Taking saved games with me
Negatyfus

Replies: 2
Views: 86

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:58 pm   Subject: Taking saved games with me
My Windows 98 installation is royally fucked. If I re-install with Windows XP, will my Gothic 2 savegames be loadable in my fresh install of Gothic 2?
  Topic: Slow Gothic start-up
Negatyfus

Replies: 12
Views: 293

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:37 am   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
Hey, after I've replaced that Vdfs32e.exe file, the virtual file system STILL gets initialized every time I start Gothic 2. What gives?
Negatyfus

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:39 pm   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
Sorry, found it. I had looked in the forums, but rpgdot.com is very slow for me right now and I apparantly missed it.
Negatyfus

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:20 pm   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
That's what I like to hear. But where can I find the FAQ? I looked for it. Really. Or did you mean the walkthrough/guide?
Negatyfus

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:45 am   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
So, is this just something we'll have to live with? Surely there are even more advanced 3D engines that don't require this kind of time-intensive initialization.
Negatyfus

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:36 pm   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
Actually, I get the idea that it initializes the virtual file system every time I start. I get the progressbar every time and it times MINUTES, maybe even up to 3-5 minutes. This would not be good, I ...
  Topic: After Gothic 2?
Negatyfus

Replies: 16
Views: 553

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:52 pm   Subject: After Gothic 2?
Ultima IX: Ascension is actually quite a good game. Too bad it gets ruined by a horrible engine and interface! Note that I like Gothic's controls and interface, but Ultima's really is a pain in the as ...
  Topic: Gothic 1 or Gothic 2?
Negatyfus

Replies: 17
Views: 421

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:33 pm   Subject: Gothic 1 or Gothic 2?
I absolutely agree. While Gothic 2 is better in almost every way, this does not make Gothic a bad game and the story itself is worth it. Gothic 2 simply improves on some aspects of the original. Part ...
  Topic: Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
Negatyfus

Replies: 145
Views: 3282

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:04 pm   Subject: Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
**** that. I'd like to see the limits pushed. It'll be better for the market, overall. Sure, maybe you'll have to wait a few more years to be able to play the game on your then two-year old computer i ...
  Topic: When to choose my guild (chapter one)
Negatyfus

Replies: 6
Views: 287

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 Spoilers   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:50 am   Subject: When to choose my guild (chapter one)
First of all, and I don't mean to be offensive, but use some punctuation man! I can't read fuck of what you posted. Secondly, using the walkthrough on the Gothic games actually makes me enjoy the game ...
  Topic: Performance tweaking on slower PC's
Negatyfus

Replies: 5
Views: 281

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:44 am   Subject: Performance tweaking on slower PC's
Actually, after my RAM upgrade, when I'm in the game and everything is loaded in memory, the HD is seldomly spun. I don't think much has to get loaded from HD after playing a while, so this would only ...
Negatyfus

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:37 am   Subject: Slow Gothic start-up
Hey... I'm wondering. Why does Gothic 2 (and 1) start-up take so long? What does it do? You get that progressbar, then the splash screen and it doesn't seem to do anything at all. Is this really neces ...
  Topic: Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
Negatyfus

Replies: 145
Views: 3282

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:12 am   Subject: Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
What I've been having wet dreams about is a real-time global shadow system a la Doom 3. With uber-hardware and shiny new graphics cards, this should be doable! Imagine every tree casting shadows from ...
  Topic: When to choose my guild (chapter one)
Negatyfus

Replies: 6
Views: 287

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 Spoilers   Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:31 am   Subject: When to choose my guild (chapter one)
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'm wondering. This is what got to me in Gothic 1 too, since I wanted to be the best and see everything first. I'm pretty sure I want to be a mercena ...

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next