Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 21 matches
  Topic: Some interesting looking rpgs. Non-typical settings.
mtkafka

Replies: 6
Views: 218

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:12 pm   Subject: Some interesting looking rpgs. Non-typical settings.
STALKER sounds very intriguing. Notably the idea of a 4x4 km area thats not restricted. Sounds alot more like a sci fi action fps simulation, more a nod towards OFP/Ghost Recon in sci fi clothing... ...
  Topic: Top Rated Games List
mtkafka

Replies: 24
Views: 573

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:21 am   Subject: Top Rated Games List
Something about the 'old school' crpg's that seems to be missing from most recent crpgs is the challenge. I remember playing the Wizardry's and Bards Tales and Phantasie's being challenged most of th ...
  Topic: Gothic 2 is no RPG
mtkafka

Replies: 20
Views: 983

Post image iconForum: Gothic 2 General   Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:07 pm   Subject: Gothic 2 is no RPG
Odd they'd label it adventure. I think crpg's are selling much more than adventure games these days... even then I really don't mind what they label it as long as its good!

etc
  Topic: Warcraft 3 thoughts
mtkafka

Replies: 42
Views: 579

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:36 am   Subject: Warcraft 3 thoughts
Warcraft 3 is pretty good but Warlords Battlecry 2 and Battle Realms are BETTER! WBC2 is the REAL roleplayers rts! And Battle Realms had cool units and graphics! Dont get me wrong though, you can' ...
  Topic: Europeans can't do RPG?
mtkafka

Replies: 48
Views: 981

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:26 am   Subject: Europeans can't do RPG?
Some of the best games I've played the past year or two are non American... notably OFP, Mafia, BF42 demo, Sea Dogs, Gothic, NWN, Wizardry 8, GTA3, Freedom Force. That original poster guy doesnt kn ...
  Topic: stupid WC3
mtkafka

Replies: 26
Views: 300

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:35 am   Subject: stupid WC3
Hey I like EE more than Warcraft 3!!! Am I cool?!? I thought War 3 was good, but I play Warlords Battlecry 2 to get my fantasy rts filling! And Age of Mythology will be cool. Is it just me but AoM l ...
  Topic: Is it just me...?
mtkafka

Replies: 62
Views: 1970

Post image iconForum: Neverwinter Nights - General   Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:43 am   Subject: Is it just me...?
The problem I have with NWN isn't with the game itself, but that the longevity of the game sorely depends on the players and fans. One of the 'good' things about MMRPG's is that, although they lack t ...
  Topic: Is it just me...?
mtkafka

Replies: 62
Views: 1970

Post image iconForum: Neverwinter Nights - General   Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:53 am   Subject: Is it just me...?
I like NWN so far, but still find it a letdown. Guessing I'm about at the end of chapter 2 and played a few hours online. So far the games success really depends on the multiplayer. The single pla ...
  Topic: Favorite paper RPGs
mtkafka

Replies: 41
Views: 516

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:04 am   Subject: Favorite paper RPGs
1 DnD all forms what I played the most
2 FASA's Shadowrun and Earthdawn 2nd most played. Earthdawn underrated imo.
3 Ars Magica because its got a cool spell system. whitewolf ripped this off! sort ...
  Topic: Divine Divinity demo - superb!
mtkafka

Replies: 26
Views: 892

Post image iconForum: Divinity & Beyond Divinity   Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:44 am   Subject: Divine Divinity demo - superb!
Oh yay... ANOTHER good game to buy. Do you know, that by the end of this year I will be broke? MW, IWD2, NWN, AF, UT2, GTA3, JK2. DX2, Thief 3 etc etc and now Divine Divinity.

I wish I won the ...
  Topic: Who will play Icewind Dale II
mtkafka

Views: 336

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:48 pm   Subject: Who will play Icewind Dale II
Icewind Dale 2 using the 3ed DnD rules is more than enough for me to try it out. Actually, in some instances I prefer IWD out of ANY of the infinity games because its a tight dungeon crawl. I like t ...
  Topic: DAoC - Servers and LAG
mtkafka

Replies: 12
Views: 254

Post image iconForum: MMORPGs General   Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:28 am   Subject: DAoC - Servers and LAG
Yeah, though I'm excited about DAoC I dont expect it to be the be-all end-all mmrpg... like you said its another levelfest. The Realm vs Realm aspect seems cool, but i havea feeling it will be a harc ...
  Topic: RPGDot Preview of Divine Divinity
mtkafka

Replies: 12
Views: 366

Post image iconForum: Divinity & Beyond Divinity   Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 10:22 am   Subject: RPGDot Preview of Divine Divinity
Anybody know the release date for th eUS version of Divine Divinity? This game looks pretty cool!

etc
  Topic: Wizardry 8 - Will we see it in 2001?
mtkafka

Replies: 46
Views: 1672

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:13 am   Subject: Wizardry 8 - Will we see it in 2001?
I'm guessing that Dungeon Siege will have the easiest editor to use. Just based on using the tools for Total Annihilation, Chris Taylor knows that modding is important.

Early reports on DS, MW and ...
  Topic: Best of the New
mtkafka

Views: 574

Post image iconForum: CRPGs General   Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:58 am   Subject: Best of the New
Morrowind because it will be (hopefully) the most open ended of them all and it has the ability to have mods plug into the orignal gameworld, limitless gameplay! and the 3d graphics and the world of ...

Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next