|Russian publisher Russobit-M has announced a new post-apocalyptic sci-fi RPG entitled 'Phase: Exodus', developed by Horns & Hooves. Here's a little bit of information on this project due in early 2005:|
Phase: Exodus is an RPG with a strong strategy element. The action takes place in Western Syberia, near Baikal lake - in the near future. The post-apocalyptic setting takes us to the middle of a conflict between groups of people who were separated when a great catastrophe took place.
"When Earth orbit's form digresses from the ideal circle for more than 1 percent, the gravitation influence upon it increases, drawing the entire planet and its massive ice mountains too. Its great weight presses down the earth's crust, and this pressure in combination with increased tilt of the equator axis makes the crust move..."
In 2014, civilization was destroyed, and the cataclysm buried all that human's hands had created for five thousand years of history. In dozens of years, people populated the lands again. But, a new danger is near...
The main game features are:
- realistic sci-fi world
- classical 3rd person view
- quests matrix - the complex of connected quests, partly built with the technology of plot projecting
- APARpS - specially developed role system
- more abilities to interact with the gaming world (entering the house through windows, many kinds of "quiet killing", constructing of weapons and equipment, many tactical solutions, hard social interaction, etc.)
- multiplayer mode
- more than 150 kinds of weapons