Having trouble getting lost? Too proud to stop and ask for directions? Well, have no worries as a map of Istaria is just about ready to help solve all of these issues. Listening to the suggestions and wishes of players, the new map window is full of numerous features!
The following are just some of the many things that you will be able to accomplish!
* High detail maps that show every terrain bump and landmark
* Zoom out to see the entire continent or zoom in to see the details of a town. All with the flick of the mouse wheel.
* Completely layer based. Show only the details you want to see, hide the rest.
* Add your own personal map markers to any spot in the world with your own custom labels. There is also a search feature to find these labels later if you get too many.
* Resize the map to fullscreen to examine everything in detail or size it very small and leave it open all the time as a guide.
* Show group members with real time position tracking. Tool-tips are available for everyone to easily find out who they are.
* Keep the map centered on yourself as you move through the world or detach it to pan the viewport anywhere you want.
* Cycle through group members quick and easily. Never lose track of your group members again.
* Players can create their own custom maps and distribute them freely on the internet. New maps are installed by simply copying in the new map folder.
Please keep in mind that this is only the initial list of the map window's
capabilities. We will be monitoring player feedback and will be open to suggestions on features to help improve it.