Members
Usergroups
Unarmored Unmasked.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Guest Dare

Unarmored Unmasked.

Unarmored has a high Luck modifier. So if you raise your luck through levelling, potions, spells, or just cheat you will become a much more effective unarmored fighter.

I tested this with unarmored at various skill levels and what I found was that even at very low skill levels having a high Luck would significantly improve its effectiveness. At high skill levels with high luck no melee hits ever landed on my test character. ( luck was set to 1000 )

So for all those doubters out there, you need only raise your Luck for that skill to become better at saving your hide.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:03 am

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Unfortunately, Luck is difficult to raise for two reasons. First it doesn't get any modifiers, and secondly, all the other skills with modifiers usually seem more important at level up time.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:38 am
Guest Dare

So make a weapon that casts fortify luck xx for xx seconds on strike.
Enchant an amulet with constant effect fortify luck. Or an absorb luck on touch spell.
etc....

You'll be surprised how well it works.
And it's never a waste because it affects "everything" you do in some way.

After testing a character with luck set to 1000 I can say with confidence that they made it difficult to raise for a reason.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:00 pm

Sand

How much of a difference did it make at "realistic" Luck levels (50, 75, 100)?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:30 pm

Guest Dare

It was still noticeable at "realistic" levels. However I do not think getting it over 100 is all that unrealistic if you use potions/spells/enchantments. Enchantments in particular which can stack between items...

If you really want to see the power of Luck go all out!

By the way, if you want to try it out for yourself just use the console to set your Luck to whatever number you would like. After your done testing reset it to the level it was at before you started testing. That way you will get a very customized idea of what more luck will do for your character.

"~" to enter console
Player->SetLuck, 1000
"~" to exit console
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:51 pm

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Agility, I find, is much more useful. I have it at 160 right now
+20: Daedric shield I created
+20: Fist of some guy
+20: Bitter cup. (Note: bitter cup does not normally raise attributes above 100, but it shoud've, so I made it do so, since it lowered my fatigue to 17)

Agility also affects how much you hit your opponent, much more so then luck does.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:24 pm