Bow 10
Crossbow 10

Learned:
Hunting from Bosber the Bow Maker.

I have 20 more points to distribute.
Any suggestions?
Would learning bow and Dex be worth it?
How about Mana? Should I increase that?

I am kinda asking for a plan on how to distribute my points through out the game.

Thank you.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:26 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

As a Mercenary, you'll get the best Swords and Crossbows/Bows in the game.

I never found bows and crossbows very useful. They're convient when facing large groups of small animals like Wargs, Wolves, Rats etc.
But that's all bows/crossbows are good for. They don't do squat damage to Orcs and Undead things.

Just my opinion, but you should up your sword skills before you start upping your range weapons. It's also a lot easier to get ahold of Str than Dex, so it'll take fewer points to become proficient in swords. Leaving you more to spend on Thief skills etc

About mana: All the spells you'll be given to cast will require less than 10 mana. (I'm pretty sure of this.)
So spending Points into that isn't worth it. If you do find yourself needing more than 10 mana, there are all sorts of Rings you can pick up to increase it.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:10 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I've found bows and crossbows incredibly useful - if you hop up onto places where enemies can't slash you (and there's a LOT of them), you can often kill anything with your bow. The only things that are immune to it are trolls and golems, I believe, though it doesn't do much damage to skeletons either. However, when certain things are too tough for you to beat hand-to-hand, a bow or xbow can come in extremely handy. It works fine on orcs, by the way - my crossbow kills orcs in 4-5 hits.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:51 am
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

First of all, as already said, i found my crossbow VERY useful, because from a strategic point you can almost kill everything exept a few "arrows immunes" without taking damage... as for mana, it's not true that with 10 mana you can cast everything, with the scrolls you could even cast for example "summon demon" which require 50 mana... however if you are one of those who like powergaming then you'll se points in mana like wasted, if you enjoy playing a more various character then putting some points in mana can be a good choice, however you have better do that before joining as a mercenary or the mana will cost 2LP for 1 mana, which is bad (and during the game you can still find potions, of brew them on your own, that will increase mana permanently).
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:08 am